Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (H)

Okocha10

• Site Supporter

O'Grady outstanding today.

Fantastic battling performance, though we made it hard for ourselves later on as we inevitably dropped off.

What the fuck were their fans and players on?

That daft twat of a player giving it the big un with the stewards, just wish they'd gripped him.

Needless to say we gave him plenty of stick the witless cockend.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yes I think it’s that way 

he makes it clear about poor performances, but harsh if the case 

I think Hill made a mistake initially, shortly after politic came on; he was pushed wide right, with Dodoo coming more central, with O'Grady left. Dodoo wasn't effective and the were gaining momentum. Another tactical change to then put Dodoo back wide, with Graham coming on.

Anyhow, at least he was flexible enough to change what wasn't working. Just hope there isn't a public criticism of anyone, after a positive result.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think Hill made a mistake initially, shortly after politic came on; he was pushed wide right, with Dodoo coming more central, with O'Grady left. Dodoo wasn't effective and the were gaining momentum. Another tactical change to then put Dodoo back wide, with Graham coming on.

Anyhow, at least he was flexible enough to change what wasn't working. Just hope there isn't a public criticism of anyone, after a positive result.

I think it was simply a case of making a tactical change. There won't be any public criticism of Politic if Hill's body language on the touchline is anything to go on. He seemed to make an effort to go out of his way to shake his hand.

Emmanuel was class yet again turning out  to be a top signing with him only being 22 I’m really positive he’s going to turn out to be a great player, Lowe motm though he was brilliant today! Verlinden was very poor kept letting that right back bomb forward not tracking back & did little to nothing going forward bit disappointing. Murphy goal was brilliant proper strikers finish that

Typical. Couldn't make today and we get a home win! 

Delighted, loving that we're building up some good momentum ahead of a run of winnable fixtures. I'm impressed that O Grady is getting so many plaudits, I honestly thought he was going to be finished.

That feeling when we lose the minus sign is going to be amazing. Keep it up lads.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

We have MK, Wimbledon and Southend the next 3 home games plus Accy away

Now we're up and running, or so it seems, it's time to start closing some gaps

No reason, other than currently still being on minus, we can't do this 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think it was simply a case of making a tactical change. There won't be any public criticism of Politic if Hill's body language on the touchline is anything to go on. He seemed to make an effort to go out of his way to shake his hand.

That's what I just said. A tactical change. 

I was responding to the comments from others re public criticism. I hope there won't be any, and agree I don't think there will be.

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Politic the sub being subbed was an odd one. Didn't look injured. 

Another public slating of a player by Hill incoming?

I don't think so

They both had a word with him when he got back

It was just an effort to shut up shop, I think

If we hadn't conceded, when Graham was already stripped, it may have been somebody else

Anyway, we got the rub of the green

They're a bloody good side

Their 2 caused loads of problems late on, but he shouldn't have been on the pitch

O Grady, great

Wright had a couple of moments nut otherwise, outstanding.

Both his play and his management of zouma

Matthews earned his cash last 15

But, Lowe motm. He's captain again so suggestions he wasn't fancied at the club seem as wide as the mark now as they did then

I suspect Barton will have a right old whine 

• Site Supporter

Stewards were entertaining today. One of them was just winding up for a bout of windmilling and he must have had a shout from on high to cease. 
From our seats in the WSL we can see the CCTV room and knew it hadn't finished yet as they scoured footage.