Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Excuses For Cancelling A Subscription.

leigh white

We just had exactly the same, Beer 52 they're called.

Actually came with a booklet with suggestions for places to drink in Manchester. I like the sound of them but think I've only been in one!

Marble Arch I used to live in a flat between there and the Angel, excellent pubs

Beermoth, Pilcrow Pub, Beatniks, Northern Monk Refectory and Old Wellington I've not been in though and they all sound great.

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Pilcrow is alright and has a good outdoor bit but craft ale in manc is expensive. 

They do summer beer festivals under a big marquee thing, never been I just work near by. 

Pilcrow sounded the most interesting with it being "home made". Spent a fortune last time I was out round Manchester, on not very much.

I'm one of these philistines who likes the unusual environments of real ale places but actually just wants a lager.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Actually came with a booklet with suggestions for places to drink in Manchester. I like the sound of them but think I've only been in one!

Marble Arch I used to live in a flat between there and the Angel, excellent pubs

Beermoth, Pilcrow Pub, Beatniks, Northern Monk Refectory and Old Wellington I've not been in though and they all sound great.

Ha ha. Beer 52,  same has, did you get your free snack?

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah pre tea snacking on pork scratchings :lol:

They took advantage of us whilst drunk on Saturday, forgot we'd even ordered it!

It's an Edinburgh no, will give it a couple of days before I phone telling them those Black Country scratchings broke all my teeth.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Northern monk refectory is good, nice bar and beers, keep meaning to sample their food sometime as the menu looks good 

Not been in beermoth cafe but the beer shop in the NQ is about as expensive as you'll find

Pilcrow host a beer festival that I've been too the last couple of years but never been in for a pint

Not heard of the other two

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Pilcrow sounded the most interesting with it being "home made". Spent a fortune last time I was out round Manchester, on not very much.

Home made just means the decor is half finished!

It's a hipsters paradise but is fairly decent for after work drinks. 

On 31/10/2019 at 19:19, ZicoKelly said:

Northern monk refectory is good, nice bar and beers, keep meaning to sample their food sometime as the menu looks good 

Not been in beermoth cafe but the beer shop in the NQ is about as expensive as you'll find

Pilcrow host a beer festival that I've been too the last couple of years but never been in for a pint

Not heard of the other two

I'm going to seek out Northern Monk and Pilcrow next time I'm up, sound decent.

Had another box of the same stuff delivered today!

• Members
On 31/10/2019 at 18:52, Marc505 said:

Do Marble Arch brew their own ale? If it’s the one I’m thinking of they have their own stout, as thick as treacle and stronger than a coffin nail

5 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Do Marble Arch brew their own ale? If it’s the one I’m thinking of they have their own stout, as thick as treacle and stronger than a coffin nail

It's basically the tap for Marble Brewery, so yeah

• Site Supporter

Went in a pub in Llandudno last week where they sold real ale, craft beer, craft lager, local ale, local lager, etc. I don't get the difference between local and craft or craft and real or real and local or any other combination.

They did an 8.9% cider... I didn't touch that.

They also did a beer called Strawberry Blonde or something. It tasted as though someone had squirted some of that runny jam in that you get in doughnuts. Fucking hell, do folk drink this shit?

Conwy Lager was a decent drop.

I got through this morning after enduring 10 mins off a Finnish bird on a loop talking about the virtues of supping Craft Ale with Nordic background music, anyway, got talking to a bloke from Edinburgh and he was pleasant enough to cancel the subscription after trying for two mins to try me for another pack with even better ale, i declined.