Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth Argyle FA Cup 1st Round

jeep

Well that was grim.....flat, both on & off the pitch. At h/t i still thought we would settle down & get on top of an ordinary Plymouth side but we got worse. In the 2nd half, i just couldn't see what we were trying to do !!

Put it down as a bad day & move on to next Saturday's more important game.

They were a bit better than ordinary, good, well organized and energetic side. Did their homework and a job on us. Wide players pressed and worked hard, cut off our supply lines from wings, especially left, Chicksen hardly got in their half. 

Got into enough good situations to have scored but keeper saved a couple and we didn't get bounce of ball a couple of times

Otherwise they managed us well last 20 mins, forced us to go long or through middle and we got more shapeless and frustrated as game wandered to conclusion. Their game management was aided and abetted by another terrible ref, worse than last week's

Not many good performers today though Dodoo for about 70 mins and O'Grady did their best to conjure something up

Good luck to Plymouth, deserved their win

Edited by ianofcleveleys
typo

There was a well spoken older guy sat next to us, after half time he asked if we were regulars to which we replied we were season ticket holders, turns out he was a fan from lofthouse days, lives in Berkshire, said since reebok opened he’d been back about 25 times and never seen us win, at that point I knew it was a lost cause. 

13 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

30th November 2nd round date 

Not long off 

someone said on bus burton arranged first week in December, can’t see owt 

Plymouth are 13th in the 4th Division, they got beat 4-0 at Exeter a fortnight ago. If our current available players don't have the talent to beat that, I wouldn't be in a rush to arrange extra fixtures in the next few weeks.

52 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Plymouth are 13th in the 4th Division, they got beat 4-0 at Exeter a fortnight ago. If our current available players don't have the talent to beat that, I wouldn't be in a rush to arrange extra fixtures in the next few weeks.

We had enough talent to beat Fleetwood last week, and they’re 5th in league 1.

I agree to some extent though, the later we can rearrange those fixtures for, more with the injuries that we have at the moment, the better.

Since the final whistle yesterday some of the Reaction on here sums up a chunk of our support. 
every team is entitled to an off day. A shit performance. Lackluster and just shit. That was yesterday. We’ve had plenty over the past few years after all. 

last week after the fleetwood game mood was high. Talk of staying up and defying the odds. Now some are dragging up stats about our last opponents prior game in a different league which has absolutely zero fucking Effect on the result yesterday or our next game or at all and has no meaning on what we can or will achieve going forward. 

genuinely folk need to give their heads a right good wobble sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Football doesn’t work like that

i have seen enough in recent weeks to put this down as one off 

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Since the final whistle yesterday some of the Reaction on here sums up a chunk of our support. 
every team is entitled to an off day. A shit performance. Lackluster and just shit. That was yesterday. We’ve had plenty over the past few years after all. 

last week after the fleetwood game mood was high. Talk of staying up and defying the odds. Now some are dragging up stats about our last opponents prior game in a different league which has absolutely zero fucking Effect on the result yesterday or our next game or at all and has no meaning on what we can or will achieve going forward. 

Agree. Bad day at the office, it happens. Move on, win next week

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

The ground was empty and we were shit. People are going to be grumpy.

Yes we nearly didn’t have a club.

yes we won last week.

Playing like that yesterday isn’t ok no matter who we play 

7 minutes ago, Big E said:

yes we won last week.

Professionals should turn up and give 100%. They get paid well enough. Sometimes it just doesn’t happen is my point but its no need for histrionics either. Or trotting our stats about who our opponents played last week. It’s irrelevant was my other point 

and yes it was dead in the ground and very cold indeed. 

31 minutes ago, Big E said:

yes we won last week.

You have to make allowances, we’ve a threadbare squad and when you don’t have 2/3 of your best creative players and your best midfielder and you don’t have replacements then what you get is a performance like yesterday, yes it was poor but we have to look at the bigger picture. 

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You have to make allowances, we’ve a threadbare squad and when you don’t have 2/3 of your best creative players and your best midfielder and you don’t have replacements then what you get is a performance like yesterday, yes it was poor but we have to look at the bigger picture. 

You're right. The first 20 minutes last week weren't great, then we came to life, scored 2 and defended well in the second half.

Not all going to be plain sailing.

24 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The bigger picture is after the first 10 minutes we looked like we weren’t trying.

bollocks to the happy flappy. That was rubbish.

however if we have no fans then I can’t blame them for not being arsed