Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bands you just don’t get

gonzo

21 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I'm voting for the Brexit Party based entirely on this post. Just get it done.

Ha. See Queen is just a personal thing. Don't do owt for me. Each to their own.

Beatles - don't get them. They were a pop group for teenage girls who turned into wanky navel gazers cos Lennon desperately wanted to be Bob Dylan. 

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Beatles - don't get them. They were a pop group for teenage girls who turned into wanky navel gazers cos Lennon desperately wanted to be Bob Dylan. 

I've just joined the EDL and set fire to my plastic recycling bin.

Edited by Cheese

38 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Lennon was an abusive arsehole anyways

Just now, DirtySanchez said:

As Tony Wilson once said

"Jazz is the last refuge of the untalented. Jazz musicians enjoy themselves more than anyone listening to them does"

Far too subtle and nuanced for Tony Wilson!

Sat next to him once at the Restaurant Bar and Grill, probably not long before he passed away. Certainly did a lot for Manchester and music.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Far too subtle and nuanced for Tony Wilson!

Sat next to him once at the Restaurant Bar and Grill, probably not long before he passed away. Certainly did a lot for Manchester and music.

I should have met him in my local about 6 months before he died. I'd called in on my way home from the match, and he was sat having a meal with his mrs. I was too star-struck to say anything unfortunately. Gutted.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

I should have met him in my local about 6 months before he died. I'd called in on my way home from the match, and he was sat having a meal with his mrs. I was too star-struck to say anything unfortunately. Gutted.

The missus went to this

https://factoryrecords.org/cerysmatic/reification_making_the_abstract_concrete_the_tony_wilson_experience.php

Met all the factory records bods, Steve coogan, Brian Cox I wasn't at all jealous when she was regailing me with tales of coogan letching on to the belly dancer from BGT

1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

As Tony Wilson once said

"Jazz is the last refuge of the untalented. Jazz musicians enjoy themselves more than anyone listening to them does"

He lived up Barrow Bridge towards the back end of his life.

Seen him in my local having a quiet pint or 3 many a time, but never said owt to him, never felt the compulsion.

Also seen Peter Reid in there, Keith Hill, Dave + Gary Flittys......oh and Willie Morgan.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

He lived up Barrow Bridge towards the back end of his life.

Seen him in my local having a quiet pint or 3 many a time, but never said owt to him, never felt the compulsion.

Also seen Peter Reid in there, Keith Hill, Dave + Gary Flittys......oh and Willie Morgan.

Peter Reid must have visited some boozers in his time, I have seen himnon more than one occasion as have plenty others!

22 hours ago, gonzo said:

The courteeners. One good song. Crowd full of nob head whoppers with pyrotechnics wearing bucket hats. Shite.

What have I told you, you gabber dancing fool!

Mind you the latest stuff is utter shite. I fear for the new album now Fray has disappeared up his own backside

22 hours ago, gonzo said:

The courteeners. One good song. Crowd full of nob head whoppers with pyrotechnics wearing bucket hats. Shite.

Edited by jules_darby

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

What have I told you, you gabber dancing fool!

Mind you the latest stuff is utter shite. I fear for the new album now Fray has disappeared up his own backside

The Courteeners are in a weird space.

They have filled a void left by Oasis and the Stone Roses. There is a massive number of people who want a band that are cool as fuck, talented and can generate the type of crowd that wants to bellow along time catchy tunes whilst having a fight/some bing/a load of beer. 

The Courteeners match that genre perfectly and have made some great music.

Theyve not had much competition for a good while either, which has helped.

Edit: Honourable mention for Mr. Cinnamon

Edited by Spider