Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Matchday Catering

burnden

26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Shows they're listening and trying to put things right.

A thumbs up.

Aye. A refreshing change from Ken's ultra defensive missives.

The club are trying to make things right.  There's still bell ends on twitter today criticising the club for not making today's tickets a fiver.  "We'd have sold out" - if we can't sell 10000 at a tenner, we couldn't fill the ground today even if it were free 

Queued for the entirety of half time last week and a few minutes in to the second half, only to find out they had no coffee left once I’d reached the front. Pissed me off no end, especially as you’d think stock levels would be pretty high given the run of home games. 

The queues would move so much quicker if all of the tills had a hot water point like they used to rather than an entire kiosk sharing two (slow) machines. A few pre-poured pints or even just a bottled lager option would work wonders as well. 

Credit to them for trying to improve things, though. 

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Rice n three. Fixed price. Queue one side, select grub, move along to till, pay and fuck off.

That chippy outside Elland Road is run like a military operation. You join the queue outside the door, before you know it, you've got your grub, are 5 quid down and stood outside.  Done right, it shouldn't be difficult 

I certainly won't be queuing up at half time for that disgusting lager we sell on draught, I like a beer at half time and I would like the club to start selling cans/bottles of lager instead of the draught shit currently on sale.

Edited by Blondi

2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

That chippy outside Elland Road is run like a military operation. You join the queue outside the door, before you know it, you've got your grub, are 5 quid down and stood outside.  Done right, it shouldn't be difficult 

Love that place, right down to the long bread rolls that perfectly fit the fish. 

4 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Don't know the chippy but it sounds like the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld.

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Blondi said:

I certainly won't be queuing up at half time for that disgusting lager we sell on draught, I like a beer at half time and I would like the club to start selling cans/bottles of lager instead of the draught shit currently on sale.

Bang them an email (above). Got be worth 5 mins of your time. They genuinely seem like they are listening to what fans want. Little steps over time and they’ll get there

5 hours ago, HomerJay said:

PLEASE can they train the staff before putting them in a kiosk.

Most of them seem baffled operating a till.

I asked for a Balti pie last week and the kid behind the counter didn't have a clue what i was on about.

I agree with what others have said and think bottled beers would speed service up considerably, but we'd probably run out of bottled ale by 2.45.