Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Matchday Catering

burnden

9 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I agree with the vending machine idea, but serious question. Are there beers supplied in plastic bottles? If not H&S would have a field day.

I don't know the finer points of the match bar experience as I have not had a pint in there for years.

Yeah at the rugby it’s plastic bottles common place. Old trafford for the grand final and was all plastic bottles from memory 

16 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I agree with the vending machine idea, but serious question. Are there beers supplied in plastic bottles? If not H&S would have a field day.

I don't know the finer points of the match bar experience as I have not had a pint in there for years.

Yes, been to quite a few away games that sold 500ml plastic bottles of Carlsberg/Carling. At the UniBolt they already sell plastic bottles of Kingstone Press cider.

I presume that a vending machine that sold alcohol would have to have a steward on hand to check for underage drinking etc but as an idea it isn’t entirely beyond the wit of man. 

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I presume that a vending machine that sold alcohol would have to have a steward on hand to check for underage drinking etc but as an idea it isn’t entirely beyond the wit of man. 

Contactless cards would help.

There's an issue with bottle tops, of course, but I've seen machines with plastic pint pots with a foil lid, a bit like the 10p kids cartons.

11 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Do vending machines still drop the product out of a chute? it would be a fizzy as fuck I imagine.

I'm not being negative, but I only drink proper stuff in pint glasses so I don't know.

I’ve seen beer-dispensing venders in hotels where there’s a collection slot on level with each row of bottles so the bottle just moves horizontally and doesn’t get shaken up. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt

3 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

the whole way the kiosks is set up not to make money, i said this years ago , and until this is addressed the club will lose money

How would it be set up then to make money? The club ask so why not lend knowledge ?