Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boltonian Checklist...

Youri McAnespie

6 hours ago, freds dad said:

Boydell Toys at the top of Newport St.

When I was a little un my dad used to take me on the bus from Kearsley to Boydells every Saturday morning. We then go the bus back to the Legion on Springfield Road where he had a few beers and I had pop and crisps. It was then home for 4pm to watch Professional Wrestling and the football results.

Not having Boydells at all 

That place in Bromley Cross. Rushtons?

Pilgrimage to get there but they had the best Airfix kits available at the time. Window and shelves full of them 

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Once pulled a girl in town (think it was called pink panther) anyway she worked in Rushtons. Harwood precinct in the early 70s was futuristic.

Are both events from tbe same period?  Pink Panther only opened in about 1984 or 85

When I was a kid there was a doorplaque with a picture of The Pink Panther on a building near HMV, it may have been what became Harvey's (Old Courthouse)...Anyway, way before my drinking time but I later learned it was a bar/club called Clouseau's...

Dunno if it had any connection to Pink Panthers (later just Panthers as everyone called it such they officially rebranded it so) that was up near Shitzy (later the coke/whizz fuelled fight club that was The Jungle 😃)

7 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

When I was a kid there was a doorplaque with a picture of The Pink Panther on a building near HMV, it may have been what became Harvey's (Old Courthouse)...Anyway, way before my drinking time but I later learned it was a bar/club called Clouseau's...

Dunno if it had any connection to Pink Panthers (later just Panthers as everyone called it such they officially rebranded it so) that was up near Shitzy (later the coke/whizz fuelled fight club that was The Jungle 😃)

Jungle was ace back in the day. Regular stomping ground for me 

my idea of hell nowadays in my old age right enough 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Got a bit nostalgic reading this after remembering I once got wanked off on Harwood precinct. Not sure it deserves an entry on the checklist though.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You’re not going to tell us it was whitestar are you????

Yes come on, what was his name? 

• Members
On 15/11/2019 at 23:58, Mannyroader said:

Wanderers captain Gareth Williams had a sports shop on Churchgate in the late 60s. I couldn't understand half of what he said because of his strong Welsh accent.

Remember it opening and closing. Just can't recall if it was a music shop before or after but I know the same shop was a music shop at some stage.