Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Vegan

gonzo

1 hour ago, stevieb said:
31 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I seem to remember Morrissey flapping his fanny when he discovered that they use a part of a fish to brew a certain beer. 

Akin to massive virgins calling themselves A-sexual

The circle of life 

5 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I seem to remember Morrissey flapping his fanny when he discovered that they use a part of a fish to brew a certain beer. 

Yes but he’s up there with the king of cunts

if he couldn’t pen a decent tune we’d all have him up there with Farage or Corbyn, depending on your persuasion, as the biggest of bell-ends

Edited by jules_darby

• Members

Missus makes plenty of vegetarian meals - not intentionally, a result of a southern Italian mother who was brought up in an environment where protein wasn't readily available so lots of pasta, potato, beans and pulses, celery etc. All of them are great to eat.

Find myself eating less and less meat these days but again, not a conscious decision. Still enjoy it when I have it - such a variety of fish down here that I often don't realise I've not had red meat for a while then suddenly just have to have it.

As I have said before, I had an aunt who lived in Lostock. Worked for the UN in Geneva. Hardcore vegan - lived off mung beans and other pulses and was always ill. Died at a very young age.I made the decision at a very young age that I was never going to cut meat out of my diet.

Many years later, i saw something along the lines of this which convinced me that having some meat in your diet is a good thing.

https://time.com/4252373/meat-eating-veganism-evolution/

Edited by bolty58

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

brought up in an environment where protein wasn't readily available so lots of pasta, potato, beans and pulses, celery etc. All of them are great to eat.

If they were eating lots of beans and pulses and so on then protein was readily available, not having meat is not the same as not having protein.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, jules_darby said:

if he couldn’t pen a decent tune we’d all have him up there with Farage or Corbyn, depending on your persuasion, as the biggest of bell-ends

Reminds of these tweets recently 

• Members
5 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Nothing without Johnny Marr, who is also a Vegan, but he dyes his hair, so I don’t trust him either. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Traf said:

The counter argument is of course that Marr wouldn't have been famous without Morrissey.

Good point. FWIW Morrissey wouldn’t have been famous without being a self loathing miserable vegan cunt. 

No doubt its far healthier. And has a lower carbon footprint.

I'd also have no issue cutting meat out - we eat veggie more times than we eat meat. Veggie pasta, risotto, curry, chilli etc. All delicious. 

But veganism just seems a right ballache to me. And I agree with the "you're either a vegan/veggie or you're not". So to actively be one just seems hard work and unecessary.

If meat was suddenly unavailable or prohibitively expensive I'd not bat an eyelid. Beyond the occasional steak or roast joing I reckon there is little I'd miss. 

We've been Pescetarian for nearly a year now. Started off with 'meat free Mondays' and it just progressed. 90% of the time we are veggie. As a runner and cyclist I can't say I've noticed any problems due to lack of protein. It doesn't seem to have done this lad much harm: http://www.scottjurek.com/eat-run

I don't feel the need to go Vegan as it is too restrictive, but each to their own.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

We've been Pescetarian for nearly a year now. Started off with 'meat free Mondays' and it just progressed. 90% of the time we are veggie. As a runner and cyclist I can't say I've noticed any problems due to lack of protein. It doesn't seem to have done this lad much harm: http://www.scottjurek.com/eat-run

I don't feel the need to go Vegan as it is too restrictive, but each to their own.

I think it's largely down to an individual's willingness to ensure their diet is adequate, whether vegetarian or not.

Plenty of other sources of protein as you say, just making sure  everything is in balance.

On 11/11/2019 at 08:47, ErnestTurnip said:

Give Game Changers a watch on Netflix, it's a bit propaganda-ish but worth a watch.

Very good watch that imo. NFL lads liked it but then i am sure we all would with our own celebrity chef. 

The New York Firemen were an interesting part lower cholesterol etc but i think that was probably more to having a week off the new york based processed shite. 

Mrs E is Veggie and it seems pretty easy to do. i have started having more veggie meals (obvs being under the thumb) and i actually quite enjoy it. I would like to try Vegan diet (not clothes or out arsed with that) and see what changes it makes to the health. always fancied being part of a study to see how it would change a fat northerner. 

2 minutes ago, Big E said:

Very good watch that imo. NFL lads liked it but then i am sure we all would with our own celebrity chef. 

The New York Firemen were an interesting part lower cholesterol etc but i think that was probably more to having a week off the new york based processed shite. 

Mrs E is Veggie and it seems pretty easy to do. i have started having more veggie meals (obvs being under the thumb) and i actually quite enjoy it. I would like to try Vegan diet (not clothes or out arsed with that) and see what changes it makes to the health. always fancied being part of a study to see how it would change a fat northerner. 

North Wales doesn't qualify you as being a northerner.

2 minutes ago, Big E said:

Swapping the cock up your arse for a cucumber doesn't count as going veggie, hun xx

4 hours ago, Good Knee said:

If a veggie or vegan diet is so good and easy to follow then why all the burgers and sausage and mince meat substitutes?

Because they can. I used to think like this but recently realised how stupid a comment it is. 

On 11/11/2019 at 20:35, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Presumably, they don't wear leather footwear. So what do the think about synthetic materials and trainers derived from oil products?

Similarly waterproof coats: synthetic materials and plastic.

Pretty impossible not to buy something that's had an impact somewhere down the line. Cutting out beef and dairy has been identified as one of the single biggest things we can all do. I still eat chicken, fish and an occasional lamb roast. No more than a couple of days a week. As others have posted, there are some cracking veggie/vegan recipes out there. Why anyone would want the proccessed stuff when you could have a veggie curry or falafel is beyond me. 

It's hard not to be a hypocrite at some point but Lewis Hamilton can do one. Saying he did it for the environment whilst being sponsored by half a dozen oil companies. Tosser. 

Edited by London Wanderer

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Pretty impossible not to buy something that's had an impact somewhere down the line. Cutting out beef and dairy has been identified as one of the single biggest things we can all do. I still eat chicken, fish and an occasional lamb roast. No more than a couple of days a week. As others have posted, there are some cracking veggie/vegan recipes out there. Why anyone would want the proccessed stuff when you could have a veggie curry or falafel is beyond me. 

It's hard not to be a hypocrite at some point but Lewis Hamilton can do one. Saying he did it for the environment whilst being sponsored by half a dozen oil companies. Tosser. 

He doesn’t really get a choice. Well I suppose he can give up his job but would you? In reality very very few would I think you will agree.