Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Vegan

gonzo

• Members
On 14/11/2019 at 16:15, Rudy’s Message said:

So many things wrong with Italian football, mafia owners, bribery, doping, racism, sooner or later the book is going to get thrown at a few of the big boys

Have to admit though - I love watching Serie A.

• Members
7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Have to admit though - I love watching Serie A.

Aye I enjoy it as well. Used to love Goal Italia on Channel 4, watching Baggio, Viali, Batistuta, Del Piero and the greatest Maldini. 
I was at an Atalanta game a few weeks ago, atmosphere was intense to say the least 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Aye I enjoy it as well. Used to love Goal Italia on Channel 4, watching Baggio, Viali, Batistuta, Del Piero and the greatest Maldini. 
I was at an Atalanta game a few weeks ago, atmosphere was intense to say the least 

Been to Napoli and Salernitana games (family ties) and saw Maldini score twice against Reggina on the last occasion I was lucky enough to visit the San Siro (not too far away from my company's HQ in Reggio Emilia).

During that Reggina match, Milans Ultras stayed away for the entire first half then all suddenly appeared in time for the second half. A protest against a hike in season ticket prices if I remember rightly.

The Fuorigrotta? Mental. Anyone wanting to take on Napolis Ultras would have to be off their heads. Our favourite cousin took us there in the middle of June one year. You could just wander in. Grass was about a foot high and no goalposts up. Deserted. Outside the stadium, crazies careering round in open top Fiat 500's and the like waving giant Napoli flags and chanting. Seasons start was about 2 months away!

Mrs Smiley always harps on at me that we don't need to have meat in every meal. TBF we've had some decent Italian dishes using the meat-free mince in the past and also veggie sausages (in a casserole you'd not really notice the difference). Other times its just a big veggie stir-fry or veggie curry (usually when we've not been shopping for meat!).

Reckon I could manage veggie if I tried - but would prefer the balanced diet where possible.

I've definitely cut back on the red meat recently though. Rarely have bacon butties or sausages. Prefer salmon where possible (and when affordable).

As for folk who've gone Vegan - hope they are the ones driving up the price of meat/fish now - with less folk buying it!!!!

10 hours ago, Smiley said:

Just watched Game Changers on Netflix. Wow!

Highly recommend. Think there’ll be some serious u-turns over vegan opinions. 

Thought provoking. 

https://www.biolayne.com/articles/research/the-game-changers-review-a-scientific-analysis/?fbclid=IwAR39emc0HkVVKIVbmnejItdBRwZzAxZYIjt27y12d-8GzNF1vG6rUw9P-sE

Now watch this 😉

11 hours ago, Smiley said:

Just watched Game Changers on Netflix. Wow!

Highly recommend. Think there’ll be some serious u-turns over vegan opinions. 

Thought provoking. 

its decent but a bit too easy to be vegan. as mentioned previously i would piss vegan with a celebrity vegan chef living in my house like the NFL star. 

I have had meet free tea's every night this week with only Mondays containing a meat substitute. i am not fussed either way.

• 1 month later...
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Saw this earlier.

Not sure how the ruling would necessarily impact in the way the article suggests though.

He might have been discriminated against in his particular sacking, as he may not have done anything wrong.

However, if someone was to suddenly refuse to do their job, citing religious/philosophical beliefs, then that would seem unreasonable to me.

You know what a job entails when you start it. Do it or don't take the job. Simples.

Should add, anyone refusing to take the bus in case it hits an insect has a screw loose.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, enzo gambaro said:

Tilling the soil, using fossil fuel burning equipment. Harvesting them too. The poor bugger's fucked. I hope he's ever watched 'seven years in Tibet'.

1 hour ago, enzo gambaro said:

Talking of which

I’m doing 2 days vegan a week for Jan to see how it goes. My father in law reckons I can’t have bananas cos of summat on the coating they put on the skin made from animals. But then he thought it may have been apples

I’ve not checked but he can get to fuck either way 

Edited by jules_darby

8 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Talking of which

I’m doing 2 days vegan a week for Jan to see how it goes. My father in law reckons I can’t have bananas cos of summat on the coating they put on the skin made from animals. But then he thought it may have been apples

Dad’s right.

Fortunately, so is your stance on his smartarsedness.

11 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Talking of which

I'll check with my mate Hummus Ben, top lad but a teetotal vegan so not sure how much I can trust him even after 15yrs or so of knowing him.