Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Vegan

gonzo

57 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

I'll check with my mate Hummus Ben, top lad but a teetotal vegan so not sure how much I can trust him even after 15yrs or so of knowing him.

Play it safe frank. I think he’s only days from mass murder 

1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

KFC are doing a vegan burger.

Would a vegan happily go and buy a vegan meal from KFC?

Listening to some on the radio they would - many were at pains to point out that they are "vegan/veggie" for health reasons or because their partner is but whilst they wouldn't eat meat they don't have a moral objection to doing so.

Can't be many I guess but seemingly some. Burger king have the vegan burger that isn't vegan cos its cooked on same grill as meat ones - they say same for health conscious folk. 

Choice is a good thing. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Listening to some on the radio they would - many were at pains to point out that they are "vegan/veggie" for health reasons or because their partner is but whilst they wouldn't eat meat they don't have a moral objection to doing so.

Can't be many I guess but seemingly some. Burger king have the vegan burger that isn't vegan cos its cooked on same grill as meat ones - they say same for health conscious folk. 

Choice is a good thing. 

This trend of vegan options at places like Greggs, Subway and KFC are basically for recently converted and en trend vegans

Long term vegans wouldn't go near most of it

14 hours ago, jules_darby said:

You feed beef burgers to swans

Anyroad, me and the missus are doing it Tues and Thurs on Jan. just experimenting really. Bit of all reasons. Mainly for attention though. Please give us some.

Have you announced it on Facebook yet?

On 10/01/2020 at 21:39, Francis Fogarty said:

I was given a Greggs vegan "sausage roll" at the bus shed when they first tried them out. It tasted like MDF dust glued together. Glad I hadn't paid £1.10 for it.

Even after a couple of hours in Northern Monkey it still tasted shite.

Vegan my arse I'm afraid.

Really? I’m not vegan or veggie by a long stretch but i actually quite like the vegan sausage roll, nowhere near as greasy. Tried the vegan steak bake they’ve just brought out the other day, tasted alright but would say it’s more minced “beef” and onion than “steak bake”.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Why do they imitate meat products though?

Why not sell a 'vegetarian' roll or bake? Like a veggie samosa for example.

If I'm having a sausage roll, or similar, I'll have it with meat thanks.

Probably to demonstrate to meat eaters you can enjoy the same things but without meat

Anyway

Im having pork sprouts and beef carrots for tea