Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC v MK Dons

Cheese

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

They were showing all the goals and near misses on Gillette Soccer today and it looked like the ball had crossed the line before L Murphy crossed it; very close.

All the ball - all the line. 

Hope it was a foot over the line. Let the EFL dock us for that too!

Just seen it again. Looked to be on the line not over it. Shame! 🤣

Edited by MickyD
Just seen it again

So glad I stayed until the end. I thought the MK Dons keeper was outstanding today, Verlinden changed the game completely when he came on, well done to big D Murphy for scoring after his penalty miss and I thought Chickson who tends to be under the radar a bit, he was exceptional today.

Edited by Blondi

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

They were showing all the goals and near misses on Gillette Soccer today and it looked like the ball had crossed the line before L Murphy crossed it; very close.

Any links to the goal? 

17 minutes ago, Blondi said:

So glad I stayed until the end. I thought the MK Dons keeper was outstanding today, Verlinden changed the game completely when he came on, well done to big D Murphy for scoring after his penalty miss and I thought Chickson who tends to be under the radar a bit, he was exceptional today.

I thought Chicken was outstanding today as well.

Messy, disjointed game but great to get the points in the way we did at the end

Both full backs outstanding today, Verlinden tore them apart when he came on, though surprised it was at Dodoo's expense. He hadn't ripped any trees up but width on both sides would have opened them up more and sooner.

As pleased for L Murphy as D Murphy, great piece of work for the goal, two cracking efforts earlier in the game, all round good performance. Only thing was he didn't seem to have told Lowe and Bridcutt he was going to become an attacking midfielder today and there were too many occasions when we lost the ball where the three of them were easily by passed by a simple ball through the middle or someone running past them

All in all though great to be running across to the car at full time with an extra yard of pace on! 

Edited by ianofcleveleys

7 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Messy, disjointed game but great to get the points in the way we did at the end

Both full backs outstanding today, Verlinden tore them apart when he came on, though surprised it was at Dodoo's expense. He hadn't ripped any trees up but width on both sides would have opened them up more and sooner.

As pleased for L Murphy as D Murphy, great piece of work for the goal, two cracking efforts earlier in the game, all round good performance. Only thing was he didn't seem to have told Lowe and Bridcutt he was going to become an attacking midfielder today and there were too many occasions when we lost the ball where the three of them were easily by passed by a simple ball through the middle or someone running past them

All in all though great to be running across to the car at full time with an extra yard of pace on! 

Thought it a bit odd that Verlinden was switched to the left hand side when for once he seemed keener to get to the bye line rather than cutting inside on his right foot. Even more so when you’d have to fancy him with a foot race with Lewington who was their left back and is old enough to have played for the original Wimbledon!