Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC v MK Dons

Cheese

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

Dodoo one side with Verlinden on the other has to be the way forward.

O'Grady grafts but is a terrible footballer

Can't agree.  We're in Div 1, he's fine for this level, better technique and control than I expected and he knows where the back of the net is.  Seems ideal for our situation, and assuming we're in Div 2 next season one we can expect to take with us and help us get back.

Anyone picking holes with individual players performances needs to give their heads a serious fucking wobble 

We are playing football 

With a squad under restrictions from the EFL

Its a joy to watch after turgid season after turgid season

We pass and move. It doesn’t always come off. But we try. We don’t hoof it long much anymore. That’s OK with me

6 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Anyone picking holes with individual players performances needs to give their heads a serious fucking wobble 

We are playing football 

We pass and move. It doesn’t always come off. But we try. We don’t hoof it long much anymore. That’s OK with me

Thats way i see it. Even today when our passing and crossing wasnt very good we were still trying to play football. Still much better than t'other mon. 

10 hours ago, trotter1966 said:

The MK Directors seated behind me were extremely pleased and delighted with there Goalkeepers penalty save, cue much clapping and cheering. I’m happy to report that I completely lost it after our last minute goal and they didn’t appear to appreciate my reaction. I really must calm down or risk a ban from that section.....still buzzing. 

I was in corporate yesterday and I also over-celebrated the goal in front of the MK directors, their faces were a picture when we were jumping around after the goal.

Even better was Sharon Britten’s reaction, she was almost dancing when we scored, great to see!

8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

We are playing football 

I agree with your sentiment but I think comments at the moment are basically constructive ‘how can we do better’ comments rather than not picking. example - Bridcutt been great since he got here but yesterday was worse game I have seen from him. Murphy Lowe and him are similar players so we lacked much creativity. I would say Murphy Ogrady and Doodoo 🙄 also lack creativity. Verlinden has it in spades but tires in a game and not sure defensively. 
Discussing the best combination of those players is fair debate on a football site. 

I thought Chick’n’peas was excellent yesterday. The defence felt more solid with the experienced 2 in the middle. 

Massive 2-3 weeks. Games with potential for points and the ruling on the points. Onwards and Upwards. They were saying on GMR we were 1/200 for relegation now 1/3. The 2 Wombles and Southend look catchable. 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

Couple more observations after watching the highlights.

Emmanuel can take a decent corner. 

Good to see wright get in their lads face as he was running off the pitch.

Great cross for our goal from Murphy, I left the ground thinking it was Verlinden.

I thought it was Chicken and I sit in that part of the ground - need to drink less before game in future

Another 3 points in the bag, shit performance but we keep on winning which is the main thing!. Chicksen motm. Loved it when MK Dons fans charged at our fans to give us shit after the pen miss & then we scored all the West stand near the away fans charged at them back to give them shit. Never seen the West stand been more active since the Reebok opened 😂 

Edited by Okocha10

45 minutes ago, tomski said:

Winning breeds confidence.

Winning while playing shit is a sign of a team that will win more than they lose.

both ticked off

Exactly and we had lost that winning mentality, so if we need to win a few scruffy ones to bring it back so be it.  You aren’t going to win every game playing lovely football and let’s be honest, they came not to lose and made it difficult.

10 hours ago, white noise said:

I was in corporate yesterday and I also over-celebrated the goal in front of the MK directors, their faces were a picture when we were jumping around after the goal.

Even better was Sharon Britten’s reaction, she was almost dancing when we scored, great to see!

I remember Kenny Dalglish jumping about in corporate when they beat us 1-0 at home, fair do’s in there, the stands a different story though ;) 

It weren't pretty but I don't care. Since KH took over we've played better and not won. At this moment in time give me scrapy wins any day.

There's a sense of togetherness with this lot - a feeling that I've not experienced for ages with the playing staff. And a belief that the challenge ahead of us is achievable. When that goal went in yesterday the reaction from every player on the pitch told me we've got a chance of pulling this escape off.

Edited by Underpants