Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

EFL trophy

marple whites

1 hour ago, Okocha10 said:

If we get to Wembley i'm not going been the 3 times now Aston Villa, Watford & Stoke lost all 3, missed the Reading game being too young. I'm cursed!! 

Same for me plus the Carling Cup final. Missed the Play Off final against Preston. Well and truly cursed. 

39 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Same for me plus the Carling Cup final. Missed the Play Off final against Preston. Well and truly cursed. 

I went to both Preston & Middlesborough games, your more cursed than me!. Suppose though they was in Cardiff, can we not move the final to Cardiff 😁

28 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

I went to both Preston & Middlesborough games, your more cursed than me!. Suppose though they was in Cardiff, can we not move the final to Cardiff 😁

I find that most fans preferred it when Cardiff was used for club finals and England toured the country.

My ‘neutral’ stadium curse was almost even more grim. Got tickets to see England v Estonia in 2015. 

After the Stoke debacle and my abysmal record at other games, I was absolutely desperate to celebrate a goal at one of those venues.

England went 1-0 up on the stroke of half time; while I was queuing for beers 😡 

Thankfully, Sterling made it 2-0 five minutes before the end. Rest assured, I celebrated that goal more than anyone else in the stadium.

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Only four possible opponents now: Leicester u21, Accy, Salford or Port Vale.

We get to play away to one of Leicester U21, Accrington, Salford or Port Vale.

image.png.7e5d54231e8d01e8e8daea2239373628.png

In the second pot, City and United U21s are guaranteed an away tie so even if drawn first, the away team plays at home.

image.png.d119cab1b9f100547c6834bc631151b1.png

It'd be interesting to find out how Leicester are deemed to be Northern Pot while Walsall are South Pot. 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

We get to play away to one of Leicester U21, Accrington, Salford or Port Vale.

image.png.7e5d54231e8d01e8e8daea2239373628.png

In the second pot, City and United U21s are guaranteed an away tie so even if drawn first, the away team plays at home.

image.png.d119cab1b9f100547c6834bc631151b1.png

It'd be interesting to find out how Leicester are deemed to be Northern Pot while Walsall are South Pot. 

Leicester being further north than Walsall might have something to do with it

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Yes but besides that...

It is because the 16 u21 teams were equally split N and S, placing Leicester as N.

The 48 proper teams were also equally split, placing Walsall as S.

The fact that Walsall is almost due west of Leicester (but in fact a little bit south) played no part.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

It is because the 16 u21 teams were equally split N and S, placing Leicester as N.

The 48 proper teams were also equally split, placing Walsall as S.

The fact that Walsall is almost due west of Leicester (but in fact a little bit south) played no part.

More likely I decided that, as I drive south on the M6 I get to Walsall way before Leicester