Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Looks like we do what we want....

tomski

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Marc Iles is saying they won't be making any decision today regarding our point deduction, have a feeling this is going to go on for a while..

Have they just realised that perhaps Ken Anderson isn't a suitable member of the independent panel?

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I’m only taking the delay as positive news

The longer it goes on, the more I agree with this.

Must be a good reason; perhaps they are aware of safeguarding issues we had with regard to the youngsters, or may be something else we don't know about- and therefore the potential for litigation should they go overboard.

The court of arbitration for sport sits (today?) over Chelsea's signing ban. Someone should tell them that FIFA decisions aren't legal matters.

Go on FV!

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The longer it goes on, the more I agree with this.

Must be a good reason; perhaps they are aware of safeguarding issues we had with regard to the youngsters, or may be something else we don't know about- and therefore the potential for litigation should they go overboard.

The court of arbitration for sport sits (today?) over Chelsea's signing ban. Someone should tell them that FIFA decisions aren't legal matters.

Go on FV!

That's arbitration. There is also an arbitration process to contest EFL decisions. Doing so means you cannot take any further action outside the process against the EFL.

Why should it take weeks ? 

They need to make call now. What is going to change ? The club may decide to invest in Jan if a chance of staying up but not if a 12 point deduction is coming. 

(by invest I mean pay more in loan fees etc not buy Messi) 

50 minutes ago, Ani said:

Why should it take weeks ? 

They need to make call now. What is going to change ? The club may decide to invest in Jan if a chance of staying up but not if a 12 point deduction is coming. 

(by invest I mean pay more in loan fees etc not buy Messi) 

Couldn’t run a fucking bath this EFL mob

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

That's arbitration. There is also an arbitration process to contest EFL decisions. Doing so means you cannot take any further action outside the process against the EFL.

It is. Their role is described as quasi judicious and they deal with legal issues within sport.

You state that the efl also have an arbitration process: which then does suggest their decision can be challenged.

As I've said before, as a company they have to have procedures that allow them to meet the laws of the land. As unlikely as it is, it's not inconceivable that their very procedures or the way they are applied could be challenged. Doesn't mean the action would be successful.

However when you have its current members piping up and offering their opinions and wishes publicly, it could be conceived that they are trying to influence the independent panel. Perhaps they would be better keeping their counsel.