Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Looks like we do what we want....

tomski

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, ROVERS F.C. said:

Got off lightly there trotters,hope other clubs are treated as well....Oppppssss!!

Got off nothing yet. We await further sanction now that the folk who appointed the independent panel didn't like the outcome.

3 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It's the talk of the canteen in Eccles.They are saying it's the biggest let off since the Liverpool fans only got 18 months in jail for killing 39 Juventus fans.

Up the Whites

One of them was Nor'n Irish and had never before attended a football match. It is stretching things to describe him as a Juventus fan. He simply worked at the EEC and was persuaded by a (Dutch) colleague to go to the match.

As his identical twin said to the Belfast Telegraph, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The EFL are a shambles. No set rules for occurrences like this happening. They make it up as they go along.

An Independent Committee (IC) has decided on the outcome. Please remember that BWFC also pleaded guilty to the 2 charges. The IC will have took this into consideration when making their decision, plus of course they will have looked at the EFL Policy on such matters, or Non-Policy as it seems......

The EFL must have thought prior to the hearing that BWFC would get a deduction of points immediately rather than suspended. I honestly can't see there being a further sanction after the EFL's appeal. What grounds do they have to justify a higher penalty. None that I can see.

I'm personally not stressed at all by the possible outcome of this appeal.

My final say - FUCK THE EFL 🙂

I don't get the logic of 2 points for Brentford and 3 for Doncaster.
On balance there seems more justification on calling off the Doncaster match, yet they see it differently??

Furthermore surely the points for last year should be for last year, not this??

Fuckin shambles.

I hope we appeal this one and fuck their season up all the way till the end, where's your integrity now EFL.

Also just seen Jon Colemans comments in the BEN, about the most reasoned comments I've seen.

• Members
Just now, Ani said:

Does anyone else think the punishment should be more ? 

I’m surprised it wasn’t -6 but if a rival had been given the same punishment as us I wouldn’t be kicking up a fuss like Donny fans are doing 

All this moaning from other clubs and fans.  For the life of me I cant imagine getting into a mindset of wishing another club would get a points deduction.  It proper spoils the league, I dont care if its North West Counties I hate to see clubs get points deductions,  and that's not to say it should never happen (for going into admin etc).  But I'd never dance on the grave of the innocent fans that are suffering from it.  I even felt sorry for Birmingham fans suddenly thrown into a relegation battle last season.  If they'd had no punishment would we all be jumping up and down saying its a disgrace?  Pathetic small minded fans of some clubs.