Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
tomski

Looks like we do what we want....

Is it just me or the EFL bottling it? They've failed to announce it so far after it being this day, that day, the other day. Now put back again.

Said it before - we got punished for Brentford, we lost the points, we lost gate receipts, and the fans lost a match off their season ticket. Sponsors missed out. Etc. Enough folk got punished for that day. Whilst Brentford saved money on not travelling up. For me that's done. Why punish a new regime over the old regime and old set of players actions?

As for Doncaster - it was a situation created by the EFL allowing us to play games when in admin with no senior players. They themselves should have had the foresight to amend our early season fixtures to accommodate our "youthful" team and have only one match per week. And if that meant us being expelled from the League Cup and EFL Trophy competitions - then so be. And once again - why punish the new regime and new players who weren't involved when the Donny game was postponed. Doesn't make sense.

Suspended sentence of points deductions sounds about right - I doubt we'll be postponing games in the near future. So its a punishment that's pointless (pun there somewhere) - but should suffice to keep the moaners and haters from the other clubs at bay.

Edited by Smiley

Our favourite grief monger Nixon suggested the decision was made Friday but isn't being publicly announced until Wednesday.

That would suggest the actual decision is already known within the club but I don't know why it hasn't been announced yet. What's another few days when you've been waiting 7 months, I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Our favourite grief monger Nixon suggested the decision was made Friday but isn't being publicly announced until Wednesday.

That would suggest the actual decision is already known within the club but I don't know why it hasn't been announced yet. What's another few days when you've been waiting 7 months, I suppose.

Surely even the EFL aren't so inept that they'd risk the embarrassment of the decision leaking out.

Actually, wait, hang on a minute, I think I spotted my own mistake

13 minutes ago, Traf said:

Surely even the EFL aren't so inept that they'd risk the embarrassment of the decision leaking out.

Actually, wait, hang on a minute, I think I spotted my own mistake

Could understand rest of the day, maybe 24 hours for the club and staff to get it's head around it but what purpose a delay like this serves I don't know. Everything points to ineptitude from start to finish with all this.

My guess is they've told the club and asked them to appeal if they want to - and they want to let that process happen to keep it all hush hush. Rather than have EFL dragged through mud over a number of weeks. 

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I'm not sure that would happen would it? - what's the point in delaying the announcement if the decision has already been made?

As for Nixon, has he actually got anything right in the last 3 years?

14 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Decision will be being gone over by (lots of) lawyers before announcement.

Aye, they've only had 6 months to get it sorted. Clueless fanny's!

I'm told that they may be slightly distracted this week with a far heftier punishment for another club which is due to be announced over the next few days.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Decision will be being gone over by (lots of) lawyers before announcement.

Its not a legal issue. 

The idea that a load of lawyers will pour over a points deduction is just laughable. It would only become a legal issue IF BWFC or someone on their behalf made it one - and its hard to see good grounds for any case - there is no football league precedent for this. Nor no written punishment - so they decide as regulators of the league. And I don't see any court legitimately getting involved.

Edited by bwfcfan5

The efl is a limited company. Therefore it will be subject to rules of governance and thus can, potentially, be challenged legally.

That would be for the club and legal teams to determine if they feel there is a case to put before a court.

12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Its not a legal issue. 

The idea that a load of lawyers will pour over a points deduction is just laughable. It would only become a legal issue IF BWFC or someone on their behalf made it one - and its hard to see good grounds for any case - there is no football league precedent for this. Nor no written punishment - so they decide as regulators of the league. And I don't see any court legitimately getting involved.

You assume it would be Bolton lawyers poring over the verdict, as opposed to Donny, Coventry or even EFL ones ?

36 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

You assume it would be Bolton lawyers poring over the verdict, as opposed to Donny, Coventry or even EFL ones ?

No I assumed they meant EFL ones. There isn't anything to check - not unless they seriously expect a legal challenge from either Bolton or other clubs. In this case its hard to imagine what grounds one would have either way. 

3 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Its not a legal issue. 

There are hundreds of thousands (if not millions)of £s at stake for potentially promoted or relegated clubs.  Everyone will have lawyers pouring over this. 

4 hours ago, wiggy said:

I'm told that they may be slightly distracted this week with a far heftier punishment for another club which is due to be announced over the next few days.

Sheff Weds? 

I was half awake this morning when I heard "12 pts plus 12 suspended". Glad to find it was cricket.

If the EFL Committee considering this has anyone connected with a League 1 club sitting on it, isn't there a huge conflict of interest?

It’s poring

and pore

not pouring and pour.

sort your shit out lads.

9 minutes ago, passmosster said:

If the EFL Committee considering this has anyone connected with a League 1 club sitting on it, isn't there a huge conflict of interest?

Independent tribunal.

Just now, Spider said:

It’s poring

and pore

not pouring and pour.

sort your shit out lads.

Poor show that.

18 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’s poring

and pore

not pouring and pour.

sort your shit out lads.

Pour vous imbeciles...

30 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Poor show that.

I get that I’m being a bore.

But I’d rather be a bore and make sure it’s pore and not pour.

8 hours ago, Spider said:

That Moor or less somes it up

9 hours ago, Spider said:

Good lad. Someone has to try and maintain standards.

Apparently others don't fink so.

Marc Iles is saying they won't be making any decision today regarding our point deduction, have a feeling this is going to go on for a while..