Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The New Owners

TrickyTrotter

Quality picture of Shazza celebrating at Saturday's game, but this is also  class  by Emma -  Ken obviously forgot when Joe got to 50 years 

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/november/gift-of-thanks-for-wanderers-stalwart/

Ps  - Joe can you replace the 20 yr old asthmatic hand dryers in the ESL gents when we get some cash.

58 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Quality picture of Shazza celebrating at Saturday's game, but this is also  class  by Emma -  Ken obviously forgot when Joe got to 50 years 

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/november/gift-of-thanks-for-wanderers-stalwart/

Ps  - Joe can you replace the 20 yr old asthmatic hand dryers in the ESL gents when we get some cash.

I used to play football with Little Joe (never once gave it away). He’s a good lad, even if he is a bit more pink than I’d like.

He used to go everywhere on his push bike - you’d see him on Chorley New Road going to and from work in all weather.

On 18/11/2019 at 17:53, enzo gambaro said:

I used to play football with Little Joe (never once gave it away). He’s a good lad, even if he is a bit more pink than I’d like.

He used to go everywhere on his push bike - you’d see him on Chorley New Road going to and from work in all weather.

Pink. Ffs

After years of fans moaning about lack of communication from the board we then got Sweaty Ken and a glut of egocentric/didactic communication. Our new lot so far seem down to earth, classy and able to choose their moment. I've no doubt we're in a honeymoon period but they deserve it to be a very long honeymoon period. They'll do for me.

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

After years of fans moaning about lack of communication from the board we then got Sweaty Ken and a glut of egocentric/didactic communication. Our new lot so far seem down to earth, classy and able to choose their moment. I've no doubt we're in a honeymoon period but they deserve it to be a very long honeymoon period. They'll do for me.

👍

The owners knew they came into a very difficult situation. Points deductions, known and unknown, weak squad due to finances, protracted negotiations meant timing not the best. Now losing 1-7 at Accrington.

Their good news was the low price they paid for the club. After yesterday they will re-affirm that never again will Bolton Wanderers be in such a mess. But it will inevitably take some time to work through all the issues.

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Yes,  not having a first team squad during pre season and then appointing a new manager and signing 10 freebies on transfer deadline day nearly a month into the season wasn't likely to end well

They took the decision to continue with BW and tough out what was always going to be a difficult season, believing that 2020/21 would be better, whether in level 3 or level 4.

They probably considered letting BW die and starting a phoenix club in the non-league sphere, perhaps in 2020/21. They might then expect better playing results in their initial season, and try and work their way back to the EFL in time.

I guess most would agree with their choice.

• 2 weeks later...