Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Car 'Accident'

barryk32

• Site Supporter

Our Peg nudged a taxi the other day, literally nudged it, she was crawling forward.

As it was about half a mile an hour there was no damage at all to either vehicle.

The taxi drivers said don't worry about it, there's nothing wrong and he's kept to his word.  We've heard nothing from his insurance.

Yesterday however, we got a call from our insurance and the nobhead passenger is claiming fucking whiplash.

Surely my insurance will just tell her to get fucked? Also am I allowed to know who's making a claim against me, will they give me her details so I can post shit through her letterbox?

• Site Supporter
52 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Our Peg nudged a taxi the other day, literally nudged it, she was crawling forward.

As it was about half a mile an hour there was no damage at all to either vehicle.

The taxi drivers said don't worry about it, there's nothing wrong and he's kept to his word.  We've heard nothing from his insurance.

Yesterday however, we got a call from our insurance and the nobhead passenger is claiming fucking whiplash.

Surely my insurance will just tell her to get fucked? Also am I allowed to know who's making a claim against me, will they give me her details so I can post shit through her letterbox?

Personally, I'd make a point of telling your insurers the full details and that you believe the claim to be fraudulent.

Obviously, don't know how they will handle it, but registering your annoyance can't do any harm.

Your insurance company will pay out as the other side will present medical evidence to support the claim and it would be up to your side to present medical evidence to dispute it. Can you see the difficulty with this?

As annoying as it is, just move and this is why we have insurance. 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

His insurance company could challenge it though couldn't they, if they felt it was worth doing so. 

Yep but whiplash is worth around £2k for the compo. Doctors charge couple of hundred for a medical examination and statement and then it becomes one medical expert against another, so now factor in courts costs. 

Not financially viable on small claims. 

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Would it not require a bent doctor to sign off on an injury that isn't there though?

They'll just go off reports of symptoms and what pain the patient expresses usually. Not worth sending someone for x-rays if the treatment is just going to amount to take some Ibuprofen and rest.

Had this happen to me years back when if not long since passed my test.

Taxi had the driver and 2 lasses in it (who happily jumped out and went into the club they were getting a lift to.

Taxi driver seemed cool at the time, few days later I gets a letter from the solicitors claiming whiplash for him and 4 family members.

Iirc we just left it with direct line to sort, after my dad had calmed down once he'd rang the guys office up and given them an earful.

• Site Supporter

Your best option is to find the driver who may become your witness. Obviously he's a decent sort for not jumping on the bandwagon. The problem is, without knowing the claimant's details you can't find out who the taxi driver was. Does S know the company? (I assume Metro but there are others) Give all details to your insurer; they'll know who the claim has been made by. They can then give a name and address to the taxi company and find the driver that way, you can't.

I would co-operate fully with your insurance company and explain the entire incident in detail. 

Firstly to not report the accident will be a breach of terms of your insurance. 

Secondly if the claimant has "medical proof" then technically not reporting the incident means the driver has broken the law. 

This clearly is someone taking the proverbial - but unfortunately it has the potential to be very expensive. So I'd not get angry, not accuse anyone of anything but I'd explain everything in detail to your insurer. They will then have to decide how they wish to proceed. 

This is where the wee black boxes that insurers fit for telematics now come in so handy. Folk think they are a bad idea but they’re really not. 

in this instance it would clearly show the speed of the car at impact which would then rule out in all likelihood a claim for PI. Plus the fact there is zero damage tells it’s own story

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

This is where the wee black boxes that insurers fit for telematics now come in so handy. Folk think they are a bad idea but they’re really not. 

in this instance it would clearly show the speed of the car at impact which would then rule out in all likelihood a claim for PI. Plus the fact there is zero damage tells it’s own story

Same for dash cams. 

It can happen though mate. I was a passenger in a car that pulled out about 10 mph and tapped a passing motor. Thing is, I was putting my belt on at the time. I ended up with a bruise like iron man's battery and fucked my back and shoulder which required physio. 

Conversely, I rolled into the back of someone last week as some cunt decided to accelerate on my inside and everything is fine. 

I hope

18 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

But they would also show there was impact - and in that scenario - the driver MUST report it to their insurer. 

• Members
15 hours ago, barryk32 said:

I know it can't happen Baz but I wish you had the opportunity to give the cunt more than just whiplash.

Twats like these push all of our premiums up.