Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mobile phone insurance

Spider

• Members
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

If the lost phone miraculously turns up in a couple of weeks, will it still work?

cough

Is it an iPhone?

i think you can temporarily lock a “lost” phone

i can’t see insurance being too arsed, check your policy but I think you’ll pay excess, send a new one and that’s it. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Is it an iPhone?

i think you can temporarily lock a “lost” phone

i can’t see insurance being too arsed, check your policy but I think you’ll pay excess, send a new one and that’s it. 

Cheers Rudy

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, jeep said:

And folk wonder why insurance premiums are rising.....

I don’t 

I haven’t claimed on any insurance for 10 years, and I probably should have.

The phone is actually broken but I’m thinking it’s quicker to say lost and get a replacement.

The Nationwide packaged current account is very reasonable. You get worldwide travel insurance, a fairly comprehensive breakdown policy and phone insurance, if it's a joint account it covers a phone each for both account holders at no extra cost. They  recently but the excess on the phone cover up though the massive fannies...

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I don’t 

The phone is actually broken but I’m thinking it’s quicker to say lost and get a replacement.

I had insurance on t e lads phone as knew it was bound to get broken , nicked or dropped in the bath at some stage.

true to form it got broke falling from his pocket 

just ring up, tell them what’s wrong, £10 quid excess and they sent a new one the next day with a return envelope to return the broken one.

That was with Tesco insurance 

54 minutes ago, Spider said:

I don’t 

Be careful, your halo will choke you

😂

10 hours ago, Spider said:

Also

the insurance is free as it’s via my bank account.

the massive, faceless fuckers at Santander

my phone insurance is also through my bank (natwest)

my phone was shagged, turning off with 15% battery

called them told them it was fucked, paid excess, new phone was delivered the day after (refurb)

There was something on daytime tv a couple of weeks back - a bloke, let's call him 'arachnid', claimed for a lost phone - fell into a river or a lake from a boat. The Insurance company paid out , but also some database they have flagged the IMEI as lost, as once they have paid out they then 'own ' it - miraculously it resurfaced, and they tracked it down to the same owner from i assume the SIM, and he was prosecuted for fraud.

It's a tangled web we weave.....

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Gonk said:

There was something on daytime tv a couple of weeks back - a bloke, let's call him 'arachnid', claimed for a lost phone - fell into a river or a lake from a boat. The Insurance company paid out , but also some database they have flagged the IMEI as lost, as once they have paid out they then 'own ' it - miraculously it resurfaced, and they tracked it down to the same owner from i assume the SIM, and he was prosecuted for fraud.

I'm in this gang. If it's worth getting done for fraud by saving a few hundred quid go for it

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Gonk said:

His wife sounds a right cunt as well

If your getting a new one as the others broke then I doubt you care what they do with the old one anyway, black listed or not 

How old is it, assume it’s not covered by warranty? 

If it’s old / broke down to wear and tear them you can part Ex it in for a new one and they will refurb the old one for you