Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who funded the building of the Reebok?

Chris Custodiet

15 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Who invented the skip? 

Have you ever thought of using your undoubted professional skills to help your fellow WW fans find their way through the financial maze of BWFC?

You could for example try explaining why, with Championship clubs losing an average of £15m p.a., BWFC owed less in May 2019 (according to the Administrators) than it did in June 2017.

And when you've got your head round that you could also try to figure out why, in May 2019, Burnden Leisure owed £60k to a company that seems to be owned by a Russian billionaire with close connections to Vladimir Putin. I refer of course to Inner Circle Sport and Media.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

24 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

What's your explanation?

We'll save that for a while. Lets give RRF a chance.

Anyway I'm busy at the moment trying to get the cast together for the Christmas Panto - Alice in Wonderland.

The lovely Sharon has got to be Alice with Emma as the White Queen. One or two candidates for Humpty Dumpty but one favourite. "When I use a word (like funded for example) it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

The parts of  the Hatter, March Hare and Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum have also to be  filled but I don't think I'd have  to look much further than the ST board to fill these roles.

• Members
17 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

We'll save that for a while. Lets give RRF a chance.

Anyway I'm busy at the moment trying to get the cast together for the Christmas Panto - Alice in Wonderland.

The lovely Sharon has got to be Alice with Emma as the White Queen. One or two candidates for Humpty Dumpty but one favourite. "When I use a word (like funded for example) it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."

The parts of  the Hatter, March Hare and Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum have also to be  filled but I don't think I'd have  to look much further than the ST board to fill these roles.

Shirley you’d fit the role of the hatter

57 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

What's your explanation?

Aren't you interested in knowing why Burnden Leisure still owed Inner Circle Sport  and Media £60k in May 2019 when KA sold that company to Vasily Anisimov, President of the Russian Judo Federation, in January 2018? I'd like to have asked Emma on Monday but I don't think she'd really know and I'm not sure she'd have welcomed being asked.

11 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Yeah but I’ve already got the ruby red slippers, great legs and a little dog 

Ask your dog whether Eddie Davies sold Burnden Leisure to Dean Holdsworth for a pound (chairman Rigby's version of events) or whether he sold it to the two quid's worth 'Sports Shield consortium'.

And ask your dog whose million quid Dean Holdsworth spent on fees and who he paid it to. Another improbable Rigbyism.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Aren't you interested in knowing why Burnden Leisure still owed Inner Circle Sport  and Media £60k in May 2019 when KA sold that company to Vasily Anisimov, President of the Russian Judo Federation, in January 2018? I'd like to have asked Emma on Monday but I don't think she'd really know and I'm not sure she'd have welcomed being asked.

So each time you'd liked to have asked someone a question, do you then second guess that she'd probably not know the answer so don't bother asking?

Go and get a job hosting University Challenge.

Your starter for 10 - What is... no, we'll not bother, you probably won't know.

2 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Have you ever thought of using your undoubted professional skills to help your fellow WW fans find their way through the financial maze of BWFC?

If anyone wanted my help they would ask. No one is arsed anymore. Only one who asks is you and you don't need my 'help.'

You could for example try explaining why, with Championship clubs losing an average of £15m p.a., BWFC owed less in May 2019 (according to the Administrators) than it did in June 2017.

Not seen enough information, could only be attributable to disposal of intangible assets (Gary Madine's playing registration) and/or debt write offs from Davies. Average Championship loss completely irrelevant, we know our losses would be much smaller, no accounts 17-18 assume break even position based on Madine sale and KA comments, 18-19 assume £4m loss based on unaudited management accounts.

And when you've got your head round that you could also try to figure out why, in May 2019, Burnden Leisure owed £60k to a company that seems to be owned by a Russian billionaire with close connections to Vladimir Putin. I refer of course to Inner Circle Sport and Media.

The only reasons they would owe this are because they borrowed money or recieved goods or services from said company. 

Missed your comments originally was out walking my dog. 

Chris do you ever think there will be a boy born that can swim faster than a shark? 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

21 hours ago, MickyD said:

So each time you'd liked to have asked someone a question, do you then second guess that she'd probably not know the answer so don't bother asking?

Go and get a job hosting University Challenge.

Your starter for 10 - What is... no, we'll not bother, you probably won't know.

Don't be a dope. EB could have been pinned down all evening on unexplained financial issues. But she wasn't there for that reason and Lancaster Whites members hadn't turned up for that reason either.

22 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

What’s your best guess as to why? 

21 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Missed your comments originally was out walking my dog. 

Chris do you ever think there will be a boy born that can swim faster than a shark? 

Thanks for the trouble you have taken in making a detailed response.

You are, of course, correct that the debt position could have improved if debts had been written off but, if you compare the detail of the before and after position, its clear that that did not happen.

The debt position could also improve if a player sale exceeded the losses on running the club. That happened with three clubs in 2017/18; Hull City, Burton Albion and BWFC. Every other club in the Championship lost money, the average being £15m, with aggregate losses  growing for the third year running. Burton's resultant profit was small. KA said BWFC's was too and plainly would have been insufficient to make any inroads into debt reduction.

It was clear that there was no realistic prospect of BWFC surviving through 2018/19 without a significant injection of cash and that my estimate of expected losses in the region of £3m to £5m was probable with something approaching the latter figure being the more likely. That is exactly in line with the £4.2m shown by the management accounts, as reported by Paul Appleton.

So we are back to square one except that, according to media reports, there were a lot more debts than KA had told interested parties there were, effectively an accusation of KA attempting to pull a fast one. You also may remember that you were present at the mock Trial of the Unibol Four conducted by the ST chairman in April 2019 when Mr Rigby said, "due diligence found that the club was significantly more indebted than they were led to believe".

I'm going to leave it there for the moment but I am going to suggest to you that concerned supporters of BWFC weren't getting true and fair reports and hadn't been for a very long time and that , whatever other faults or failings there may have been, it  does not seem to be KA that was guilty of any inaccuracy in this instance.

As for your question, I'm no expert on natation but I did play football in the same team as Hamilton Bland when I was at school.

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Don't be a dope. EB could have been pinned down all evening on unexplained financial issues. But she wasn't there for that reason and Lancaster Whites members hadn't turned up for that reason either.

But that isn't the reason you gave for not asking her the question. You'd said you didn't ask because she wouldn't know.