Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who funded the building of the Reebok?

Chris Custodiet

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

It's like a fucking Dire Straits record, goes on for ages, has no meaning or perspective, just a twangy fake hank marvin guitar playing. 

Custard is Knopler of WW

33 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Its plausible, the fucker wants something or some recognition for something. 

If it turns out our stadium becomes the 'Custard Bowl' ... I will believe it 😀

I suppose that, in our youth, many of us might have been guilty of musical snobbery but in my playlist for tonight I'd like to offer a bit of Huey Piano Smith in honour of the Embankment lads of the 1950s

Chuck Berry in recognition of the poor WW contributors left Home Alone at Christmas (and the rest of the year)

And a bit of Gerry Rafferty in recognition of the amount still owed to the widow of Eddie Davies

6 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I suppose that, in our youth, many of us might have been guilty of musical snobbery but in my playlist for tonight I'd like to offer a bit of Huey Piano Smith in honour of the Embankment lads of the 1950s

Chuck Berry in recognition of the poor WW contributors left Home Alone at Christmas (and the rest of the year)

And a bit of Gerry Rafferty in recognition of the amount still owed to the widow of Eddie Davies

Always wondered where that chant came from, heard it in the lever end in the very early eighties. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Always wondered where that chant came from, heard it in the lever end in the very early eighties. 

Aye, but that’s the only interesting thing he’s ever posted.

Fucking tedious.

Worst ever thread.

Cunt.

21 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Surely the only thing of interest in this issue is why the Russian guy was involved, was he looking at investing in BWFC and if he was why didn’t it happen. 

Long-shot speculative effort, MK, but you will have heard of someone called Skripal? If there was Russian interest, it wasn't likely to progress far in the wake of inter-government hostilities after the Salisbury incident.

Btw none of KA's £525K ever reached ICSM. Looks  like £60K was not paid at  all and the rest went to Holdsworth, Holdsworth's lawyers and Quantuma to prevent Blumarble foreclosing on BWFC. I pointed this out to Marc Iles at the 2018 AGM but it evidently didn't fit in with his agenda.

I know the usual suspects don't want to know but if they think they are entitled to decide what's posted and what isn't they really should think again.

41 minutes ago, MickyD said:

If Marc Iles isn't interested in your news, don't you think he may fear a libel suit against him? 

He was interested alright . Pricked his ears up no end when I pointed out to Paul Holliday, stood with Iles, that nobody had asked about the £525K or the cost to the club of Dean Holdsworth's involvement. 'About a million then' he said after I reeled off all the numbers I knew about.

I simply raised my eyebrows. I didn't have the whole story but I had enough of it for an impartial journalist to follow it up.

No I don't think he feared a libel suit.

Edited by Chris Custodiet