Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
leigh white

Pikes Lane.

Recommended Posts

My Great Grandfather never got over the move to the South of Bolton to watch the Whites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder why it was called Pikes Lane?

Turnpike, Heads on Pikes, Pikes in the River Croal?

Could move back to where Amir's place is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive piece of history is pikes lane. You drive past it and just can’t imagine it being home of BWFC

Edited by tomski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Massive piece of history is pikes lane. You drive past it and just can’t imagine it being home of BWFC

To be honest, you can say the same about Burnden.

Was down there yesterday in dw. Was talking to my lad and said it's hard to imagine that I used to stand on the terrace near here.

He asked me, if this is where the pitch was then.

Made me think, we left 7 years before he was born- he can't even conceive of what it was like!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

To be honest, you can say the same about Burnden.

Was down there yesterday in dw. Was talking to my lad and said it's hard to imagine that I used to stand on the terrace near here.

He asked me, if this is where the pitch was then.

Made me think, we left 7 years before he was born- he can't even conceive of what it was like!

Agreed a little bit of my dies when I go in that Asda. 

I suppose they at least had a go at commemorating the old place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Kinell, just thought, I've been watching us at the Reebok for longer than I did at Burnden!

Where's it all gone? :(

Bloody hell, got me thinking that TMGJ.

Burnden still has a few years on  the Reebok for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m same as TMGJ, 1980 - 1997 at Burnden, then 22 years at our new gaff that’s now not so new

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never thought of it before but 77 - 97 at Burden and 97 - present at The Bok. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’m same as TMGJ, 1980 - 1997 at Burnden, then 22 years at our new gaff that’s now not so new

Pretty much the same as me.

Daft thing, if we moved again at the end of the season, I don't reckon I'd have a lump in my throat again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Pretty much the same as me.

Daft thing, if we moved again at the end of the season, I don't reckon I'd have a lump in my throat again.

I wonder what the piss stones were like at Pikes Lane. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33-22 still in Burnden credit .Eleven more years for parity ....mm

always look on the bright side of life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

33-22 still in Burnden credit .Eleven more years for parity ....mm

always look on the bright side of life 

32 - 22 for me but hardly get to home games these days and for many years I only went a few at Burnden  due to playing Saturdays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burnden 1965 - 1997

Reebok/Macron/Unibol 1997 - 2020

Fuck in 'ell i'm getting old.

Some great memories though , wouldn't change owt,, apart from the  Anderson years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pikes lane - 72-75 ( buying bottles of Newky Brown and knock a door run on our Asian Friends).

Burnden 71-97

REEKBOK 97 till Now .

Burnden still 3 times a year when i drop my car at kwick fit , then stroll down manny road with dust in my eyes and a million memorys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2019 at 20:22, TrickyTrotter said:

Wonder why it was called Pikes Lane?

Turnpike, Heads on Pikes, Pikes in the River Croal?

Could move back to where Amir's place is.

It was a misprit . It was originally Pikeys Lane but the misprit stuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23-22 for me.   Nobodies mentioned the plaque on the wall yet commemorating the first ever league goal scored, just in case anybody didn’t know ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where about was Pikes Lane Stadium? I have looked at the area around Pikes Lane School, Health Centre, etc., but there isn't an actual Pikes Lane any more...

 

Unless I've missed it.

Edit - I've looked at old maps of 1885 Bolton and they don't show much

Edited by MickyD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.