Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F*ck Ups Abroad...

Youri McAnespie

• Members

Got detained in Basel airport because they couldn’t understand England fans travelling to Euros 2008 when England hadn’t qualified, but we had paid for accommodation and flights so went anyways.

Accused us of being hooligans, and were ready to refuse us entry into the country.

Also accidentally walked into a brothel in Italy and it got raided by the rozzers whilst I was sat at the bar. 

• Members
14 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

'Accidentally'

Next you'll be claiming that you were trying to access 'Driving Miss Daisy'...

It was pissing down with rain and we needed to get in somewhere

looked like a bar , went in and there was a bar along with wimmin lined up against the wall, ordered a peroni and the local gestapo arrived 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, MickyD said:

I was and I didn't. Good lad me. Plus I was with wife and children; that probably helped.

Didn't help the bloke that got severely twatted by them while his young lad watched on... He was only trying to explain his wallet had been lifted & asking for help. Bastards to a man that lot. 

• Moderators

Got arrested and chucked in the back of van with two others having a piss down a back street in Riga

Mate tried to remonstrate and got chucked in too

In there for half hour or so, mate thought he'd bribed them but turns out we just paid the fine

When they let us go the lad who hadn't done anything had a piss right in front of them then got chased by the cops and we didn't see him again for a few hours

He got away

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Not footy related but once spent 2 hours hiding in a nice couple from Urmston's wardrobe in a Majorcan hotel while the police searched the place. Was wearing one of the Urmston  lasses dresses and full make up at the time.

Open a new thread right here.

On 01/12/2019 at 17:37, Rudy’s Message said:

Got detained in Basel airport because they couldn’t understand England fans travelling to Euros 2008 when England hadn’t qualified, but we had paid for accommodation and flights so went anyways.

Accused us of being hooligans, and were ready to refuse us entry into the country.

Also accidentally walked into a brothel in Italy and it got raided by the rozzers whilst I was sat at the bar. 

I accidentally walked in to one in Munich and marseille and Belgrade and Madrid and Sofia and llandudno.

• Members

I was almost the victim of an induced fuck up abroad when arrived in Sydney in '88. Lads from work wanted to get the 'newly arrived Pom ' out on the piss so it was straight across the road to a pub called the Annandale on the Parramatta Road after work on the first Friday I was there.

Few beers had been swigged when one says to me, 'Y'know, if you want to get served at the bar quicker instead of waiting to catch the barmaids eye just turn your empty glass upside down on the bar'. Smelled a rat cos this bloke was a proper WUM. Asked a local sat at the bar and he just smiled and said 'Do that and you're challenging anyone in the pub to a fight. I'll have a go with ya, ya pommy baaastard' and then smile and winked.