Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wimbledon H

DomRepWanderer

Well I think Keith must have been rooting around in his drawers and found Parky's tactic book ...... Keith throw it away do it your way.

Darcy and Graham thanks for all you have done but .... Just not good enough .

i thought Wimbledon were also poor today .... We should be taking 3 points against teams like this.

Barely feels like a point gained if I’m being honest. Though I’ll take the positive that I went downstairs after Verlinden’s shot well over the bar in stoppage time, but had a feeling to go back up when we got the corner for the goal. 

Chicksen the best player for the first 65 minutes and then he seemed to just fall off, just at the same time as Emmanuel was doing his best to recreate his performance at Accrington. Him and Dodoo must be the most frustrating partnership around.

Thought Darcy did well, Lowe got on with things as normal.

Needed Politic to be coming on a good 10 minutes before it happened, and the defensive line was far too deep from the free kick for the second goal. 

Worst 30 minutes football for long time went downstairs for a beer, bumped into a few old skool Wandererswayers had couple of beers and had great crack, went up just to see them score second, went down for last 5 minutes to see us score, celebrated with Brixton like we won the league. Ended up a top day. Mind you didn’t get an invite to Reggies Bar. 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

16 minutes ago, CSBWFC said:

And there was me thinking Darcy was our best player by a mile, i thought Sonny Graham didn't have a bad game either.

Other positives for me were Murphy and Lowe, both put a decent shift in.

22 minutes ago, CSBWFC said:

Well I think Keith must have been rooting around in his drawers and found Parky's tactic book ...... Keith throw it away do it your way.

i thought Wimbledon were also poor today .... We should be taking 3 points against teams like this.

FFS these 2 lads not fully developed yet. Give them a chance. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

Got our of jail there. Pretty poor overall against a very poor team. Was like watching a Parky team the amount of hoofball

Better once verlinden came on, and Murphy won a number of flickons.

Really pleased with Darcy, busy, always looking for it, head up; looks decent and set up both iirc. Still a bit light but that will come.

Pity lowe can't find a forward pass, but he does his job.

Looked more dangerous once the urgency kicked in late on.

One of those days though, not the best, but considering the injuries, not too bad. Strangely, I never thought we'd lose; lad said shall we go as we got into injury time and I said no, just had a feeling.

Lastly, how many league games has Murphy scored in consecutively? He's coming good and could be the difference in the end.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

And there was me thinking Darcy was our best player by a mile, i thought Sonny Graham didn't have a bad game either.

Other positives for me were Murphy and Lowe, both put a decent shift in.

100% agree. Mom for me. Showed more composure and movement than anyone. Should have scored bit can't be too critical on that.

Graham's best game too for me.

Front three were static first half though which didn't make it easy to play at pace.

1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

Got our of jail there. Pretty poor overall against a very poor team. Was like watching a Parky team the amount of hoofball

Not at all.  If anything too many passes in midfield.  A mate attended his first game for a year, said the football and spirit was miles better, whilst obviously the standard wasn't great and clearly too many mistakes.  But that wasnt long ball football, I dont think Matthews kicked it out of his hands once did he?  The centre backs didnt boot it up, they passed it to midfield and the full backs 90% of the time.  Even in the last 5 frantic minutes we refused to boot it despite the crowd screaming for the long ball.  

Weird how we all read the game. I thought Murphy was really poor prior to his goal. Second to everything, poor with the earlier chances and bottled a few challenges he should be winning. Thought both of the younger lads did ok. 

Really missing Ali Crawford as I thought he made us tick.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

100% agree. Mom for me. Showed more composure and movement than anyone. Should have scored bit can't be too critical on that.

Graham's best game too for me.

Front three were static first half though which didn't make it easy to play at pace.

Me too.  Puzzling how anyone couldnt see that Darcy has what it takes.  Great set piece delivery, great energy, can see a pass, and breaks from midfield.  He could be what Vela was meant to be.  Despite the poor game generally and disappointing result, I came away pleased we've got another player from the academy who's likely to make it.  Along with Graham.  A word for Lowe too, drives the team on, never lets his head drop, real captain's performance leading by example.  And yes Wimbledon were terrible and we werent good enough to beat them, but let's have a bit of consideration for the ridiculous injury list.

20 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Well that was dire, we got out of jail with that last minute goal. Why didn't Bridcutt play? Dropped or injured?

Bridcutt injures according to the radio . We must have nearly a full team out Alnwick , Hobbs , bunny , Crawford , Murphy , hall , Buckley , brockbank , Earl suspended and limited to a think a 23 man squad 

Shocking first half .Verlinden needed to come on which fair play he did at half time.So many individual mistakes today & we really do need an alternative to Emanual their left winger all of five feet tall had so much space & even outjumped him at least twice.Darcy was the glimmer for me & Murphy put a real shift in so it could have been worse.

• Site Supporter

Without wanting to sound like Keith Hill, we are shit this season. If we stay up, it will be a minor miracle.

The club is a shambles from top to bottom. Will take another few months before the staffing levels/quality are there, let alone players.

Anyone who thinks we aren’t in for 2 or 3 years of hard work is in cloud cuckoo land. Stick together though, our rewards will be here soon enough.

Thought we were lucky to escape with a draw today. Wimbledon should have been 3 up by half time

Pleased with the point in the end. As a reaction to Accy got to say I was a little underwhelmed. Expected a lot more urgency, tempo and snapping into tackles.

Darcy had a good game and if he had scored one like he should have from 2 great chances would have been an excellent performance.

Not blaming Graham too much for the mistake as at least he was trying to play. Can't understand for the life of me how one of our midfielders losing possession in the middle of the pitch should result in their striker bearing down on our goal so easily.

Onwards and upwards!