Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
worthy10

Vela back

Recommended Posts

I really hope not. The lads proved he’s bang average. We don’t need his billy big bollocks around the team. Also we ain’t gonna be paying for him so doubt it will happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Big E said:

I really hope not. The lads proved he’s bang average. We don’t need his billy big bollocks around the team. Also we ain’t gonna be paying for him so doubt it will happen

At the rate of injuries happening we might not be able to be that picky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He unfit and I’ve seen him for hibs this season 2/3 times and absolutely dreadful and a yard off the pace even up here. 
 

could he do a job for us on league one though? Yeah absolutely desperate times means desperate measures 

surprised however that jack ross has made that decision having only been in a couple of weeks 

Edited by Escobarp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, worthy10 said:

Saw josh vela in Edinburgh. He says he's back on loan in jan?

Did he give you tips on things to do whilst you were there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

At the rate of injuries happening we might not be able to be that picky. 

I think we can. No point wasting budget on people who didn’t want to be here. We’ve moved on and need to go forward. He is the old bwfc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Why’s he not kicking on it that wank league? 

Far far better than league one tbf

seen all bar Hamilton and st mirren live this season and all would tear us apart if we played them now. 
 

not saying it’s a top elite standard because we all know it’s not but it’s a hell of a lot better than you’re making out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needs to be fully fit .Not arsed about previous 'regime' & desire to get away.Proper bog standard but was effective last time at this level so its a yes from me given the dross we are likely to attract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Far far better than league one tbf

seen all bar Hamilton and st mirren live this season and all would tear us apart if we played them now. 
 

not saying it’s a top elite standard because we all know it’s not but it’s a hell of a lot better than you’re making out. 

Probably would beat us as we’re struggling with injuries 

it’s a poor league as is ours 

But don’t tell me the likes of Ross county & st johnstone would tear us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a new start/regime I think it’s time to look forward not back. Think it’s time Vela and Bolton move on

In fact on reflection he was good in this division last time. Needs to be again

Edited by tomski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Far far better than league one tbf

seen all bar Hamilton and st mirren live this season and all would tear us apart if we played them now. 
 

not saying it’s a top elite standard because we all know it’s not but it’s a hell of a lot better than you’re making out. 

The fact it’s a debate says all we need to know about Scottish football. Good luck to them but it’s shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Needs to be fully fit .Not arsed about previous 'regime' & desire to get away.Proper bog standard but was effective last time at this level so its a yes from me given the dross we are likely to attract.

I think im with you

Failing up there might be his wake up call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Casino said:

I think im with you

Failing up there might be his wake up call

He’s not moved there for the money we offer. Be better investing it elesewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Probably would beat us as we’re struggling with injuries 

it’s a poor league as is ours 

But don’t tell me the likes of Ross county & st johnstone would tear us 

Only going off what I’ve seen with my own eyes this season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Vela?

No thanks. Be better off with his drinking pal at Oldham.

And before it rears its head again, it's a no to Clough too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vela was good at this level last time & we need a midfielder who can score a few goals......but even if we wanted him, i doubt we could afford him with our wages cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Traf said:

Josh Vela?

No thanks. Be better off with his drinking pal at Oldham.

And before it rears its head again, it's a no to Clough too.

Correct on all counts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Traf said:

Josh Vela?

No thanks. Be better off with his drinking pal at Oldham.

And before it rears its head again, it's a no to Clough too.

With you on that with Vela. Might be tempted to gamble on Clough though. That said, I reckon Hill fancies Buckley for the no 10 role

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Did he give you tips on things to do whilst you were there?

🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He would be better with me playing number 10 than a crocked buckley

Where the bollocks is he up to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d think it’s going to be who leaves in January if vela returns or not, I’m not a big fan of him but at this level he’d be a reasonable addition if as Casino said he’s wised up in Scotland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the absence of Ali Crawford - I'd be happy to take a gamble on Clough.

What people see in Vela though has always baffled me though. Decent in his breakthrough seasons but never kicked on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’d have thought the lack of any takers down here would have been enough of a wake up call, but he was dreadful under Heckingbottom and hasn’t had a sniff under Ross. That said, if he isn’t going to cost us a fortune then I don’t think we’re necessarily in a position where we can turn down anyone who can do a job at this level.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.