Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

By gum...Labour were magic...brought to you by Leigh White

miamiwhite

Ecky thump.....when I were a lad, we ne'er saw a Tory bastard in Leigh, Wigan 

It were always red, redder than our hometown Wigan rugby tops, even our meat growers were red.

We'd even vote for t'coal mon's heehaw if it wore a red rosette, I'm telling theeee....

We'd work down pit, thirty hours a day, nine days a week and cum out caked in shit but smiling wearing our red ribbons and tipping up keep to our mam and a shilling t'local Labour club, by heck, we thawt them days were magic and would never end

We even geeet free travel ont rattler watching em playing queer shaped ball, supping keg ont terraces, before cumming hom n having a reet disco shuffle, then a chips,pie,scraps n gravy supper.

Int theighties, King Arthur ruled, even nugs o coal wore red....that owd bitch Maggie, the fcuking owd boot, she cocked it reet up, we were redder than Abbott's beef curtains.

Cum 2000, still redder than a baboon's bum, until one dark rainy neet in 2019, the fucknig blue twats.....I want a recount.

Spent all day ont saturday getting pissed wi mi Labour failure candidate from Barrow....we wept that much in Athy, we flooded the bastard pitch and match were called off.

Labour......? I've shat em.....come on Boris.....let's get brexit done🇬🇧

Mick x🍺🌹

6 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

At a funeral recently I met an old acquaintance. He said he had moved to the country and he loved it. I asked where and he told me Leigh. I asked where he used to live and he said Salford.

Gentrification of our beloved town of Leigh and swamping it with the city dwellers from Salford cost us our Labour MP :)