Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dale away

radcliffe white

37 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Charge less. It’s a third tier game against 2 struggling clubs and we’re likely to lose. 

And increase stewarding and policing costs in the process while undercutting their own season ticket holders? £22 is far from unreasonable, especially for a game where travel costs are minimal. If we were top of the league then we'd have had no problem at all shifting the full lot. People are free to make their own choice and I'm not overly bothered by how many fans we take (especially as a lower following should hopefully lower the bellend factor), but let's not pretend it has anything to do with cost.

1 minute ago, enzo gambaro said:

Said in hope rather than expectation, surely! 

Yeah pretty much as with all of the local away games to be honest. Won't be boozing (going to Salford v Leigh rugby friendly at 12 then driving straight to Rochdale) so I'm not expecting to be particularly tolerant of any bellendary either. Hope to find myself a quietish spot and just watch the game. Might have been different if I was on the piss all day though 😂

We should be applauding the 2000 plus who are parting with their hard earned not criticising the support. Might even end up nearer 3k you never know. 

Its just after Christmas, its £22(thats dear to me for plush Rochdale ) plus getting there, more if taking kids. Its 3rd time weve been to this dump this season.  We have little chance of getting owt and the season is almost a write off. Like i said well done to those who are going . Give em great support you have my utmost admiration 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

With a £5 Daysaver it is £27 to go and watch bottom of the 3rd Division lose to Rochdale for the 4th time of the season, no wonder it will be half empty

That made me giggle. Its true, but i do love a good Bolton away game.. 

We must be fucking mad. 

50 minutes ago, snowball said:

We should be applauding the 2000 plus who are parting with their hard earned not criticising the support. Might even end up nearer 3k you never know. 

Its just after Christmas, its £22(thats dear to me for plush Rochdale ) plus getting there, more if taking kids. Its 3rd time weve been to this dump this season.  We have little chance of getting owt and the season is almost a write off. Like i said well done to those who are going . Give em great support you have my utmost admiration 

Agreed. Lots of people like to have a moan at our support which I think has been brilliant 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, snowball said:

I fear this will be remembered in infamy as the season Rochdale beat us 4 times.  (And then someone will tag on the Accy result). Hopefully the only way is up next season

Didn't we draw with them in the poxy cup?

The penalties business just being an add on.

2 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I get that we’ve lost players and will be bedding in the odd new signing; but these men haven’t won at Spotland in the league since October, and will hopefully have one eye on Tuesday’s game.

Let’s not rule us out getting something here. COYWM

When teams haven't won a game for god knows when then bring on the mighty Bolton to make their day

After what appeared to be a turn round in our season when we won 3 out of 4 we have gone backwards considerably since that Accrington embarrassment and confidence is not there. 

The squad is now threadbare after the players who have returned plus the long term injuries - the players brought in don't look like strengthening us at all. We have been jinxed for many years now

We will piss it 3-1 😀

COYWM

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Big E said:

its not. its just an excuse people use. 

44 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m going, others won’t because it’s stupid price, isn’t it £20 for away fans in premier league. 

As Bi E said though, many will use the price as an excuse.I bet Portsmouth was a lot dearer day out but plenty went.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m going, others won’t because it’s stupid price, isn’t it £20 for away fans in premier league. 

That’s what football costs. It’s £13 to go the cinema. People use it as an excuse. Arguing over £5 madness. If folk want to go they will if not they won’t. 

I am not as I am away but I think it’s a bargain 

On 09/01/2020 at 18:36, MalcolmW said:

We once played PNE in 4 successive matches in 10 days.

Sat FA Cup (h), Wed Replay (a), Sat League (h), Mon 2nd Replay (at B'burn). 

Furthermore the only other 2 matches that month were both at Forest on the Saturdays before and after the above.

Great stats.  I wasnt aware of that so its before 1976.  Can you give us an approx year?  The only 2nd replay I've ever been to is Swindon, it was thrilling in a way only 2nd or 3rd replays can be.  I remember Bury playing Fulham in FA Cup 1981, drawing at home, drawing away then going to WBA in the snow for 2nd replay.  I bet that drew a huge crowd.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Great stats.  I wasnt aware of that so its before 1976.  Can you give us an approx year?  The only 2nd replay I've ever been to is Swindon, it was thrilling in a way only 2nd or 3rd replays can be.  I remember Bury playing Fulham in FA Cup 1981, drawing at home, drawing away then going to WBA in the snow for 2nd replay.  I bet that drew a huge crowd.

Feb 1959.

Stoke played 5 successive matches (all third round) against Bury. Bury managed to fit a league match in but Stoke's was postponed (Jan 1955, 8th at Stoke, 12th at Bury - abandoned after 112mins, 17th at Everton, 19th at Liverpool, and 24th at ManU). 

10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

And increase stewarding and policing costs in the process while undercutting their own season ticket holders? £22 is far from unreasonable, especially for a game where travel costs are minimal. If we were top of the league then we'd have had no problem at all shifting the full lot. People are free to make their own choice and I'm not overly bothered by how many fans we take (especially as a lower following should hopefully lower the bellend factor), but let's not pretend it has anything to do with cost.

Totally agree, cost is irrelevant to the thousands of fans that can afford £22 (less for concessions).  For me, the combination of the weakest line up we'll field since Hill took over, the inevitable defeat probably without scoring, and the idiots that go to local aways, is enough to let me wait a week for my next football fix.  Saying that, if we win I'll probably go to Lincoln on Tuesday full of enthusiasm.

10 hours ago, snowball said:

Well said.

10 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

I get that we’ve lost players and will be bedding in the odd new signing; but these men haven’t won at Spotland in the league since October, and will hopefully have one eye on Tuesday’s game.

Let’s not rule us out getting something here. COYWM

For all the negatives on our part, its a huge factor in our favour that they have the Newcastle game to think about.  None of their plaeyrs will be risking injury or a sending off and if anyone is struggling for fitness they'll be rested.  Hopefully that includes Wilbraham.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

For all the negatives on our part, its a huge factor in our favour that they have the Newcastle game to think about.  None of their plaeyrs will be risking injury or a sending off and if anyone is struggling for fitness they'll be rested.  Hopefully that includes Wilbraham.

He’s over 36 they’ll use him sparingly. 😉