Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dale away

radcliffe white

9 hours ago, snowball said:

I fear this will be remembered in infamy as the season Rochdale beat us 4 times.  (And then someone will tag on the Accy result). Hopefully the only way is up next season

If we're counting the league cup defeat we have to count all the "youth" games, all the 5-0's and 6-1's, which will always be accompanied by an asterix.  And the reserves cup wasnt a defeat, it was 1-1, we progressed to the next round at their expense thanks to that point.  (I'm being deliberately pedantic, I do agree how this will look if we lose tomorrow).

28 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Feb 1959.

Stoke played 5 successive matches (all third round) against Bury. Bury managed to fit a league match in but Stoke's was postponed (Jan 1955, 8th at Stoke, 12th at Bury - abandoned after 112mins, 17th at Everton, 19th at Liverpool, and 24th at ManU). 

That's magical.  What adds to it is knowing the effort that would be involved to find out the results.  Not even teletext or local radio 5 live.  You'd probably have to wait to buy a paper in the morning to find out how your team's gone on in a midweek away game.

Getting organised to set off for the train, i think Rochdale station is marginally closer to the ground than Bolton but it'll be a nice walk anyway. 🙂

Preparing for the worst today  & hoping that Rochdale will have one eye on their cup replay, but any plusses today will be a bonus.

15 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Getting organised to set off for the train, i think Rochdale station is marginally closer to the ground than Bolton but it'll be a nice walk anyway. 🙂

Preparing for the worst today  & hoping that Rochdale will have one eye on their cup replay, but any plusses today will be a bonus.

Wear a waterproof coat 

32 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Politic off perhaps? Weir back into purgatory. Zouma resurrected.

Politic if fit should be in . Many wanted Zouma back hes in but with Toto mon and Edwards? Goid to see edwards in but could be playing anywhere with this mon.

Weir did himself no favors last week not arsed about him. Graham has he even touched the ball yet?

Askkng a lot of Chicksen if hes been told its his last game fair play to him if its true tho

We havent got much have we?