Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dale away

radcliffe white

6 minutes ago, burnden said:

Just had a right old rant on radio manc KH ... Proud of players, Nobody at bolton on same page , sick of hearing about last time in league 1, sick of being criticised and putting his neck on line , stop comparing him with sam allardyce and Phil Parkinson , he knows his onions , we are living in past etc etc etc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_manchester  17:37 -17:41

I can't find fault in what he's said. Amazes me that anyone would be calling for KH to go (one plank on GMR shared that opinion, hoping beyond hope he's not reflective of our fanbase as a whole). Clearly something has got Keith's goat up; perhaps he's been reading the social media feeds of our more delusional supporters.

Scoreline is harsh, for me, I thought there were a good few positives. Hamilton looks fantastic for this level, really impressed, he deserved at least one goal today. Emmanuel was exciting going forward, he could be a great threat with a back three to do his defensive duties. Nsiala wasn't afraid to put a boot in, a good debut for him IMO.

Sod's law for their second - it was a carbon copy of a chance we had in the first half. Ours hits the post, theirs goes in. Such is life 🙃

Well done again to our support today, great atmosphere.

21 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

If we can't pay players more than 2k per week until September 2021, the real rebuilding won't start before the summer of 2022.I'd hope the owners are trying to get the salary cap overturned before September 2021.

Just from point of view that we wont be signing anyone next season about who we'll be thinking "he wont hang around, he's too good for the level we're heading for", eg Verlinden, D Murphy, Bridcutt, Hamilton by the sound of it.  Anyone that signs in the summer will be happy to play in Div 2 for a season and you would think Hill will only sign them if he thinks they can be part of a promotion team standard team.  At the moment its all short term stuff.

2 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

I can't find fault in what he's said. Amazes me that anyone would be calling for KH to go (one plank on GMR shared that opinion, hoping beyond hope he's not reflective of our fanbase as a whole). Clearly something has got Keith's goat up; perhaps he's been reading the social media feeds of our more delusional supporters.

Scoreline is harsh, for me, I thought there were a good few positives. Hamilton looks fantastic for this level, really impressed, he deserved at least one goal today. Emmanuel was exciting going forward, he could be a great threat with a back three to do his defensive duties. Nsiala wasn't afraid to put a boot in, a good debut for him IMO.

Sod's law for their second - it was a carbon copy of a chance we had in the first half. Ours hits the post, theirs goes in. Such is life 🙃

Spot on. We were worthy of a point at least. Hamilton was a presence in midfield. We were without Lowe and Murphy who would have played where Edwards ended up. Murphy's shirt got pulled all over the place again, we hit post and bar.

8 minutes ago, tshape said:

He did look like a fish out of water though. The realistic part of me expected nowt more to be honest. The desperate part of me was ready for an Henry style match winning cameo. That's how it is at the moment and I'm alreet to admit it.

It was his first game in professional football though against a steady, stable League 1 team.

I know our fans are usually bit more realistic in person at the games but as a fanbase we're out in control on social media, absolutely mad.

Want Hill out now after that interview made up absolute utter shite for no reason what so ever & it’s not the first time, who’s he even fucking spoke to someone at the pub who’s a Bolton fan & made to be all Bolton fans. “I’ve been compared to Phil Parkinson & Sam Allardyce” by who? Not heard one Bolton fan saying this 

Edited by Okocha10

Read Hills comments and while he may be taking some of the social media muppets to heart hes basically right. There was one mon on after Burton saying we should be beating these at home! Not any more pal (forgetting our shit record against them anyway) teams like burton and rochdale have been building over a number of seasons, have stronger squads and are not operating under our current restrictions.  We have no automatic right to beat clubs we have looked down on in the past. Its present now and we need to give manager and new owners time. Yes im worried but we are in the shit and need to stop looking back. Them days have gone 

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It was his first game in professional football though against a steady, stable League 1 team.

I know our fans are usually bit more realistic in person at the games but as a fanbase we're out in control on social media, absolutely mad.

I know what you're saying and that's the problem. He can't win. People will focus on his every touch coz he's got an incredible record non league. They'll judge him on that coz they want sumert to be excited about. I'm wrong to even form an opinion on him based on his cameo today, I know that. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Harsh on Chicksen, Darcy, Murphy? (I wasnt there today) 

Can't criticise them for effort but apart from the 2 I mentioned they are all very one dimensional but like I said it's just where we are atm. Dale had 3 decent players in the middle of the park (for this level), we had one but we competed well & were unlucky. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It sounds a bit like paving the way for resignation all this to me. Why the need to create more division and unease than there already is?

Yes, possibly.

Fans have a right to say what the feel, and for the most part, some concern over our worsening defensive performances has been the bulk of it.

I'm not sure there is a large number who don't appreciate the difficulties, nor calling for his head. In fact the general flavour has been, we've got a club, and this season is a bit of a free hit.

Even his ramblings are excusable- just don't watch them. However, full scale slagging off is wrong.

What was he dressed in?

• Site Supporter

Lacked again final third, thought we got in some decent areas but didn’t capitalise, Hamilton a good addition. We seem to drop off and allow runs and think we don’t challenge for a 2nd ball well enough. 

surprised at Hills post match rant. Not sure it’s going to do him any favours, 

great support today, some very very spangled people knocking about my lads first away game he’s learned a few new words. 

30 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

17 minutes ago, snowball said:

Read Hills comments and while he may be taking some of the social media muppets to heart hes basically right. There was one mon on after Burton saying we should be beating these at home! Not any more pal (forgetting our shit record against them anyway) teams like burton and rochdale have been building over a number of seasons, have stronger squads and are not operating under our current restrictions.  We have no automatic right to beat clubs we have looked down on in the past. Its present now and we need to give manager and new owners time. Yes im worried but we are in the shit and need to stop looking back. Them days have gone 

I think it's more the way it's said.

9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Hill is a shocker. Sorry he’s awful. Not ability just his personality. Awful.

Can't agree. I think he's interesting to listen to, far more so than the dour Lennon, bullshit-ridden Freedman, puppy-excitable but naive Coyle, or joyless Parkinson. As Green Jacket said, he's perhaps a bit weird, but I think quite refreshing.

But then, Hill's not solely employed as a public speaker. His job is to inspire the hodge-podge of kids and rejects in white shirts to become greater than the sum of their individual parts. I genuinely believe he's well on his way to doing that. 

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think it's more the way it's said.

You're probably right. 

Think some people may be being a bit precious about it though. He could call me a cunt and my missus a slag as long as he's going some way to turning the club around. 

He’s being naive 

It’s like the Famous Keegan rant in that he’s showing mental weakness

Who is comparing him to anyone, except the moon men who only fellow mentalists listen to

If he’s weak enough to let that get to him then he won’t last the course as we are still in for a bumpy ride for a minimum of 5 years

The only thing in the back of my head is that I know he’s simply trying to protect the players by this deflection, but good grief he needs to man the fuck up