Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dale away

radcliffe white

• Members
3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

He’s being naive 

It’s like the Famous Keegan rant in that he’s showing mental weakness

Who is comparing him to anyone, except the moon men who only fellow mentalists listen to

If he’s weak enough to let that get to him then he won’t last the course as we are still in for a bumpy ride for a minimum of 5 years

The only thing in the back of my head is that I know he’s simply trying to protect the players by this deflection, but good grief he needs to man the fuck up

Correct mate it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

And if anyone thinks league 2 will be a walk in the park you need to give your head a shake.

4 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

He’s being naive 

It’s like the Famous Keegan rant in that he’s showing mental weakness

Who is comparing him to anyone, except the moon men who only fellow mentalists listen to

If he’s weak enough to let that get to him then he won’t last the course as we are still in for a bumpy ride for a minimum of 5 years

The only thing in the back of my head is that I know he’s simply trying to protect the players by this deflection, but good grief he needs to man the fuck up

I really don't think he is. It's similar to earlier in the season when his public criticism of his players was spun by some as tough love or trying to get a reaction out of them. There's no strategy to this, he just can't hold his tongue.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

19 minutes ago, awandering said:

My thoughts exactly when listening to the interview.

Really don't know why it's got to this stage already though, and so quickly as well. Sounds so paranoid. 

I get the need to create a siege mentality and fully support that, but not if he's "circling the wagons" (hi, Gary) around just himself against everything else. What's the point? 

5 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I really don't think he is. It's similar to earlier in the season when his public criticism of his players was spun by some as tough love or trying to get a reaction out of them. There's no strategy to this, he just can't hold his tongue.

Well he’s notorious for it. Was the same at Dale.

I’m looking for the good in it :)

What the fuck is KH on about?

Who’s compared him to Sam Allardyce

“I’m sick of being criticised”....he has had no grief whatsoever, just lots of backing

Doubt he will be able to hack it when times do get tough.....wait until we start getting dicked in Div 2 Keith

It seemed premeditated and nothing to do with the interviewers question

”Were not on the same page” WTF is that about

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Hutch said:

What the fuck is KH on about?

Who’s compared him to Sam Allardyce

“I’m sick of being criticised”....he has had no grief whatsoever, just lots of backing

Doubt he will be able to hack it when times do get tough.....wait until we start getting dicked in Div 2 Keith

It seemed premeditated and nothing to do with the interviewers question

”Were not on the same page” WTF is that about

Refusing to listen to him, but these comments are ridiculous.

By comments on here, seems we did ok, so why not praise them?

I am concerned that some of Jules' analysis is correct; naïve, etc.

Is he just a bit outdated, feeling the stress etc?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Sadly so do I

thin end of the wedge this 

And he can fuck off with this “keep putting my neck on the line”, like he’s doing us a favour. I must’ve missed it when He turned down Madrid and Juve for us. 

He needs to keep his nut down and just get on with it. We all know how hard it is 

Perhaps he's angling for the utd job?

38 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

Can't agree. I think he's interesting to listen to, far more so than the dour Lennon, bullshit-ridden Freedman, puppy-excitable but naive Coyle, or joyless Parkinson. As Green Jacket said, he's perhaps a bit weird, but I think quite refreshing.

But then, Hill's not solely employed as a public speaker. His job is to inspire the hodge-podge of kids and rejects in white shirts to become greater than the sum of their individual parts. I genuinely believe he's well on his way to doing that. 

There's echoes of what people were saying about KA when he first arrived in your post. The thing is, sometimes it's better not to be "interesting".

I’ve no particularly strong feelings either way on Hill’s interviewing technique, and I’m struggling to think of a previous manager who has faced so much attention on the subject other than Dour Dougie. Yeah he does sound to be a bit off the wall but I think that’s just his general style and isn’t likely to be changing any time soon. 

As for the game, Hamilton was absolutely outstanding and I just hope he can keep up that level of performance. Did a good job of looking for the ball in midfield, worked hard defensively and was really good going forward. Hopefully he’ll be even better in attack when he’s got Lowe protecting behind him. 

Was a little bit worried about Toto initially being part of the three but he looked solid enough and certainly won’t be facing a player of Wilbraham’s physicality every week. On the subject of whom, I know this is said whenever we play Rochdale every other week, but he looks a good stone and a half lighter than when he played for us. 

Overall, we’ve had one cleared off the line, hit the woodwork twice, forced a few decent saves and lost to a defensive error and a deflection. I’m not normally one to bemoan luck, but fucking hell when are we going to get a break?

3 minutes ago, Hutch said:

If Iles has got anything about him it’s the first question you ask him “Whose not on the same page Keith”

I wouldn’t be happy if he worked for me and doubt FV will be too pleased

I think he did, skim reading twitter, and Hill's first response was "the press".

Frustration and disappointment getting the better of KH, not done himself any favours today

No need to sink to this level, he’s giving 110% and being hampered by injuries,suspensions, players mistakes, lack of funds, available players all those things out of his control

With today’s game at 1-0 we could have got an equaliser, a draw would have been a big boost but a defeat has hit him hard, needs to go for a few pints and start again on Monday

I think he will turn it round