Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dale away

radcliffe white

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

How to lose friends and alienate people volume 2. 

Correct what shit has he actually had to put up with from the press fans and players up to now don’t know what he is going on about  ?  if you’re getting beat every week there is going to be criticism . Having long term plan is great but you need to be competitive now also 

3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

There's echoes of what people were saying about KA when he first arrived in your post. The thing is, sometimes it's better not to be "interesting".

Ouch. Heaven forbid!

Just a thought. We're not really talking about the defeat, the shit defending for the first goal, the space we gave their number 7 to boss the midfield, the lack of the final ball... It's all discussion on the manager being a wanker or not.

Is Keef the master of deflection? :shiftyninja:

1 minute ago, TM Trotter said:

Ouch. Heaven forbid!

Just a thought. We're not really talking about the defeat, the shit defending for the first goal, the space we gave their number 7 to boss the midfield, the lack of the final ball... It's all discussion on the manager being a wanker or not.

That was my only hope for a positive 

2 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

Ouch. Heaven forbid!

I fail to see how this is a good distraction as it's just alienating people further and making people doubt his ability to handle the pressure. But to answer you're question - no, he isn't.

This is who he is. He shoots from the hip. People will either accept that and get on with it or take issue with it. It seems to me they're doing the latter.

1 hour ago, snowball said:

Read Hills comments and while he may be taking some of the social media muppets to heart hes basically right. There was one mon on after Burton saying we should be beating these at home! Not any more pal (forgetting our shit record against them anyway) teams like burton and rochdale have been building over a number of seasons, have stronger squads and are not operating under our current restrictions.  We have no automatic right to beat clubs we have looked down on in the past. Its present now and we need to give manager and new owners time. Yes im worried but we are in the shit and need to stop looking back. Them days have gone 

In one. Overused phrase, but we are where we are. We've no right to turn up and beat anybody in this league, when we're on our second go at cobbling together a team since August 31st. Those of us with long enough memories will recall us being lower than this before

• Site Supporter

Can't listen to his interviews so not sure exactly what he's said but if he's aimed any flack at the fans of whom 2,500 turned out to watch the team that's bottom of the league & backed them to the hilt then this will get very Megsonesque very quickly... I hope this isn't the case. 

2 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

In one. Overused phrase, but we are where we are. We've no right to turn up and beat anybody in this league, when we're on our second go at cobbling together a team since August 31st. Those of us with long enough memories will recall us being lower than this before

We’ve thousands turning up home and away who know we’re most likely to lose, spoke to loads of lads today no one thought we’d win, if Hill reads the odd harsh remark on social media and thinks that’s what we’re all thinking he needs to wise up and get a thicker skin. 

Well no idea what to make of that?
We played far better than expected and didn't deserve to lose, however...

Went wi mi Dad who knows far more about football than I ever will, played in reserves in the 60s with some proper players...

He is also a little more subjective than me,  his take was man for man Rochdale had no better talent than we did, however they were drilled and knew what style of play was expected of them. And we didn't!

KH is getting defensive because he should be getting more from the resources he has had at his disposal!

And finally, Murphy is fucking gash, yes he can score but adds absolutely nothing to the team. He is no target man tat is for certain!

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We’ve thousands turning up home and away who know we’re most likely to lose, spoke to loads of lads today no one thought we’d win, if Hill reads the odd harsh remark on social media and thinks that’s what we’re all thinking he needs to wise up and get a thicker skin. 

Bang on.

If his head is going now, then fuck me what’s he gonna be like with some actual pressure?

hes got the easiest job in football. 

1 hour ago, burnden said:

Just had a right old rant on radio manc KH ... Proud of players, Nobody at bolton on same page , sick of hearing about last time in league 1, sick of being criticised and putting his neck on line , stop comparing him with sam allardyce and Phil Parkinson , he knows his onions , we are living in past etc etc etc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_manchester  17:37 -17:41

If KH's rant is aimed at the fans, it's a fucking insult to every single person who went today and backed them to the hilt.

Our support has been magnificent this season - that's what he should be saying.

If he starts trying to create an "us and them" situation between the management/players v the fans, then i fear for his future.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Went wi mi Dad who knows far more about football than I ever will, played in reserves in the 60s with some proper players...

He is also a little more subjective than me,  his take was man for man Rochdale had no better talent than we did, however they were drilled and knew what style of play was expected of them. And we didn't!

KH is getting defensive because he should be getting more from the resources he has had at his disposal!

And finally, Murphy is fucking gash, yes he can score but adds absolutely nothing to the team. He is no target man tat is for certain!

A striker that can score, but adds nothing to the team?

Really?

He's 36 and banging them in as well as anyone has for us in recent times. In a fairly poor side. What more do you expect of him?

Perhaps if we played it on the floor a bit more like we did earlier in the season then he'd bring others in more often.

All things considered, he's been the best loan/freebie of the lot.

4 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Your Dad sounds like he might know what he's talking about but I have a hard time believing our midfield was as good as theirs.

11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Murphy ain’t fit to lace madines boots 

league 2 enjoy 

Ha ha ha ha course he is

Madine has scored 3 goals since he left us. 3

On that time big Daz has scored double that at least (at the same level as Madine for a shitter team) plus the 7? for us.

And he’s not a cry baby who subs himself

Anyway shall we move on from your fanboying to more current affairs?

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A striker that can score, but adds nothing to the team?

Really?

He's 36 and banging them in as well as anyone has for us in recent times. In a fairly poor side. What more do you expect of him?

Perhaps if we played it on the floor a bit more like we did earlier in the season then he'd bring others in more often.

All things considered, he's been the best loan/freebie of the lot.

Murphy was awful today. Didn’t look one bit interested. Darcy’s two decent chances really should have been falling to Murphy, but he was too busy hiding from the ball. That said, it’s quite right that he’s one of the first names on the team sheet given his record this season so I’ll put today down to an off day.