Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dale away

radcliffe white

12 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

If KH's rant is aimed at the fans, it's a fucking insult to every single person who went today and backed them to the hilt.

Our support has been magnificent this season - that's what he should be saying.

If he starts trying to create an "us and them" situation between the management/players v the fans, then i fear for his future.

I dont think this is aimed at the fans at all . 

Listened to it several times over and I reckon its more likely aimed at some of the senior footballing staff employed within the club that remain in situ. ( Academy etc ) . Maybe FV are talking to more than one person within the club about footballing matters and maybe he is hitting out at that , as maybe he perceives a lack of support from within as certain people are happy to watch him fail . 

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's 36 and banging them in as well as anyone has for us in recent times. In a fairly poor side. What more do you expect of him?

I expect him to help us get up the pitch more, like the lad last week for Burton did. I expect him to influence the game more, he is an international striker ffs.

Regardless, he is a great signing for this level and I wish we had a better team to put around him, but we don't, and he could do more.

I thought we did ok today and were a bit unlucky.  Woodwork twice, a few guilt edge chances that were hit straight at the keeper.  They had a lucky deflected goal.

hamilton looked good as did the Ipswich guy, also thought Emmanuel had his best game for us today.

accept we are going down and rebuild for next season - if by December we aren’t in the top few in division 2, then we start asking questions

3 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Listened to it several times over and I reckon its more likely aimed at some of the senior footballing staff employed within the club that remain in situ. ( Academy etc ) . Maybe FV are talking to more than one person within the club about footballing matters and maybe he is hitting out at that , as maybe he perceives a lack of support from within as certain people are happy to watch him fail . 

Agreed - lot of people that were involved in the OLD regime are still knocking about - not sure that is a good think.

Ew owners, new manager, new players - we need to all change and move forward

10 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Ha ha ha ha course he is

Madine has scored 3 goals since he left us. 3

On that time big Daz has scored double that at least (at the same level as Madine for a shitter team) plus the 7? for us.

And he’s not a cry baby who subs himself

Anyway shall we move on from your fanboying to more current affairs?

Get to a game baldy 

We did ok today. Unlucky to lose. The new midfielder looks a cut above what had before. 

need to listen to the Hill rant properly but as mentioned he should at least be mentioning that today we probably outnumbered the home fans. There was no turning on the players or management. We have lost 4 times to Rochdale this season fans of other clubs would be dishing out a lot more shit than comparing them to previous managers. The majority of our fans know we are in the shit and are sticking by the club and supporting the team. The one thing that has helped the club survive in last few months had been the unity between club/fans/management.  Hill needs to reflect on that. He almost seems to disregard/dismiss the kids who played at the start of the season. 

We are in a unique position. Hill needs to understand what the fans have been through. If he does not like the situation he has the option to walk away, we do not have that. I am a long from convinced by him but would love it to work out. He seems to spend a lot of words trying to make him sound clever. But it ain’t working. 

14 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Hmm, I'm not sure. When asked where he thought the criticism was coming from he said "Press. Opinions. Everybody is tweeting, everybody is comparing to what they did last time".

I don't mind KH, think he'll be a decent manager for us given time, he does appear pretty sensitive, he was like that at Rochdale, he needs to grow a thicker skin, maybe like Megson. Just hope the fans give him time and let him rebuild for next season.

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Hmm, I'm not sure. When asked where he thought the criticism was coming from he said "Press. Opinions. Everybody is tweeting, everybody is comparing to what they did last time".

Did he actually say this?

bloke needs to get off Twitter ffs 

No.1 rule of Management - don’t slate the fans, it never ever ends well and is quite often the beginning of the end.

Like a few others, I won’t watch his interviews, he comes across as an absolute clown - I hope he’s not like that in real life / on the training ground etc. because I can’t imagine the players can find much sense in what he’s saying.

Football wise I don’t really care, we’re down this season so he’s got no expectations (apart from building and bringing through youth etc). However, the last thing this club needs is more division, whether that’s falling out with players or the fans and so far it looks like he’s doing his best to have a good go at both. If that carries off then he can fuck off for me before he does any more damage to a fragile club.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

He's in charge of the playing side, so sack the fuckers.

His comments that included "the club not being on the same page" did seem like a dig at fv. Then later on he says they've been good.

Must be aimed at others then, which he should be sorting in house. He's the man in charge ffs. Don't air it in public.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Ani said:

We did ok today. Unlucky to lose. The new midfielder looks a cut above what had before. 

need to listen to the Hill rant properly but as mentioned he should at least be mentioning that today we probably outnumbered the home fans. There was no turning on the players or management. We have lost 4 times to Rochdale this season fans of other clubs would be dishing out a lot more shit than comparing them to previous managers. The majority of our fans know we are in the shit and are sticking by the club and supporting the team. The one thing that has helped the club survive in last few months had been the unity between club/fans/management.  Hill needs to reflect on that. He almost seems to disregard/dismiss the kids who played at the start of the season. 

We are in a unique position. Hill needs to understand what the fans have been through. If he does not like the situation he has the option to walk away, we do not have that. I am a long from convinced by him but would love it to work out. He seems to spend a lot of words trying to make him sound clever. But it ain’t working. 

last time we played them in the league at their place 2016, we lost 2-0, players and management got dogs abuse , not today.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's in charge of the playing side, so sack the fuckers.

His comments that included "the club not being on the same page" did seem like a dig at fv. Then later on he says they've been good.

Must be aimed at others then, which he should be sorting in house. He's the man in charge ffs. Don't air it in public.

To be fair, I'd be surprised if he's got quite that much authority.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

To be fair, I'd be surprised if he's got quite that much authority.

If they're fighting him, then it's his responsibility to sort it. I can't imagine too many managers putting up with folk working against them.

Even if he has to get the seal from above.

Can't go about it like this; almost suggests he's losing the plot.