Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dale away

radcliffe white

32 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Does anyone know if that corner we had think Hamilton took it, actually went in or not? because for me it looked like it went in

I was down that end and it was very close but no one in our end could tell for sure. 

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We’ve thousands turning up home and away who know we’re most likely to lose, spoke to loads of lads today no one thought we’d win, if Hill reads the odd harsh remark on social media and thinks that’s what we’re all thinking he needs to wise up and get a thicker skin. 

Problem with Hill is it's all about him. Thinks he's a low grade Mourinho. Particularly arrogant to come across that he's some kind of  Bielsa type big timer parachuted in to rebuild us from the ashes when in reality he was binned off by today's opponents when he was taking them down in a rush last season. Worst bit for me is the inference that he's got Auntie Sharon and the other owners in his pocket

He might have got away with that sort of thing at Rochdale when he was giving three old moaners behind the dug out at Spotland a flea in their ear but he's taking a lot more on here

11 minutes ago, Ani said:

I was down that end and it was very close but no one in our end could tell for sure. 

Just watched it on Quest and, although it isn’t exactly a great angle, I think the position of the keeper would suggest it didn’t cross the line. A bit more pace behind it and I doubt he’d have got there though. 

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We’ve thousands turning up home and away who know we’re most likely to lose, spoke to loads of lads today no one thought we’d win, if Hill reads the odd harsh remark on social media and thinks that’s what we’re all thinking he needs to wise up and get a thicker skin. 

In one 

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

No.1 rule of Management - don’t slate the fans, it never ever ends well and is quite often the beginning of the end.

Like a few others, I won’t watch his interviews, he comes across as an absolute clown - I hope he’s not like that in real life / on the training ground etc. because I can’t imagine the players can find much sense in what he’s saying.

Football wise I don’t really care, we’re down this season so he’s got no expectations (apart from building and bringing through youth etc). However, the last thing this club needs is more division, whether that’s falling out with players or the fans and so far it looks like he’s doing his best to have a good go at both. If that carries off then he can fuck off for me before he does any more damage to a fragile club.

Bang on Eddie

Can't comment on Hill's rant because i can't listen to him !!!

The match.....a better performance than expected & we gave them a good game. All the youngsters - Zouma, Graham, Darcy & Edwards did well, as did new man Toto, Emmanuel was very good but Hamilton was M-O-M, very one footed but i can't see how he couldn't get a game for Sarfend

I thought Hill went too soon with the shit or bust extra striker, we'll never know........but with more luck this game could have gone our way.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Bi Polar Keef 

Someone complimented me on my Adidas today, must be one of you queers 😁

Jesus.

A wet, miserable winter day in the arse end of paedophilic Lancashire. Seasoned blokes watching shit quality football on an even shittier pudding of a pitch, and someone compliments another's footwear!

What's the world coming to. Welcome to the new decade! :)

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, desperado said:

Can we not just say, as hundreds of good (and bad) managers have done across time, that he blew his top in the first interview, let emotions get the better of him, said a few things he regrets, etc and move on?

Hopefully after a heat of the moment outburst he's realised that he may be playing a dangerous game with the biggest gig he'll ever get in football... however his past indiscretions suggest otherwise. 

I hope it's the former because I think he can do a good job for us. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Jesus.

A wet, miserable winter day in the arse end of paedophilic Lancashire. Seasoned blokes watching shit quality football on an even shittier pudding of a pitch, and someone compliments another's footwear!

What's the world coming to. Welcome to the new decade! :)

Was it you? 

• Site Supporter

Cracking day out despite getting drenched on the way back to the pub. Up until yesterday I had the slightest hope we could get out the mire this season but that has gone now.

Played ok yesterday and agree with a few saying Hamilton MOM. Dale raided down our wings far too easily for my liking though, especially early on. Emmanuel sorted his side out but Chicksen can’t defend for toffee so I won’t be too disappointed to see him leave.

A bit more luck with deflections and the woodwork, we get something from that game.

Their keeper also commanded his 6 yard box very well from corners. We had a far taller team, why on earth did we not start crossing towards the penalty spot?

19 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Their keeper also commanded his 6 yard box very well from corners. We had a far taller team, why on earth did we not start crossing towards the penalty spot?

Keeper was with us and released wasn’t he a good few years back?