Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dale away

radcliffe white

On Twatter every time Marc Iles tweets some bait ‘Steven Battersby’ is usually the first response tweeting a wordy authoritative rant reinforcing a negative opinion on KH

Know SB is well in with the Media luvvies surrounding BWFC, had a lot to say on the takeover but think his opinion carries too much weight in certain circles

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You had a piss in the pew next to me, you failed to recognise me again. 😂

24 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

In that scenario, wouldn’t you be more worried if he had recognised you? 😂

And you decided not to let on?

7 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

On Twatter every time Marc Iles tweets some bait ‘Steven Battersby’ is usually the first response tweeting a wordy authoritative rant reinforcing a negative opinion on KH

Know SB is well in with the Media luvvies surrounding BWFC, had a lot to say on the takeover but think his opinion carries too much weight in certain circles

A boring retired accountant with too much to say....sounds familiar eh?

9 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Did the ball cross the line in second half as a few of our players appealed for a goal

Was stood in line with the penalty area towards that end and opinion was mixed around me. Don’t think the players or crowd were particularly convincing in their appeals so I’m leaning towards no. 

2 hours ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Well no idea what to make of that?
We played far better than expected and didn't deserve to lose, however...

Went wi mi Dad who knows far more about football than I ever will, played in reserves in the 60s with some proper players...

He is also a little more subjective than me,  his take was man for man Rochdale had no better talent than we did, however they were drilled and knew what style of play was expected of them. And we didn't!

KH is getting defensive because he should be getting more from the resources he has had at his disposal!

And finally, Murphy is fucking gash, yes he can score but adds absolutely nothing to the team. He is no target man tat is for certain!

So basically Rochdale are better because they have played together for about 2 years and we've played together for about 2 days?  What point are you making?  I've watched Murphy most weeks this season, he is not "gash".  He gets involved in the play and puts shots and headers on target in most games.  If you can let us know who we should have signed instead?

35 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

So basically Rochdale are better because they have played together for about 2 years and we've played together for about 2 days?  What point are you making?  I've watched Murphy most weeks this season, he is not "gash".  He gets involved in the play and puts shots and headers on target in most games.  If you can let us know who we should have signed instead?

Time and time again Rochdale played out from within their own box from goal kicks. We neither pressed high as a team, or dropped off and sat back to let them have it; they simply played around us, time after time.

You do not need years to devise strategies to counter these things, the players just need instruction, tactics and setting up properly. This was just one area and something obvious to most folk watching that didn't seem right, god knows how bad we were with the more nuanced stuff managers should be doing.

As for Murphy, I would have preferred that lump Burton had up front last week. The one who took it on his chest, or knee; rolled defenders, brought his teamates into the game, challenged for headers, you know like a target man with international experience should be doing. I agree his finishing prowess is good, and on a free he seems a steal, however I do not think he helps us more widely as a team play better.

Edited by JimmyRiddle