Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebrity Dead pool 2020

MickyD

24 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Monroes...loved it. Showed my Mrs some videos on YouTube. "What the fuck is this place". What? It opened at midnight til 8am,had no alcohol license and was frequented by gypsies.... What's wrong with that. The UFC champion of the world was a DJ sniffing lines off his records when I used to go. 

Maximes / Wigan Pier ... As a teen.. Ace 

Sankeys and warehouse project whilst it was at Boddingtons ace... 

Owt past that. I was on my out! 

It was like a fucking oven. Used to lose about half a stone every weekend.

We used to go to this afterwards, until some daft get walked off a cliff.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/vbkn4y/the-legendary-cave-raves-of-the-acid-house-era

Edited by peelyfeet

• Site Supporter

Sankeys was excellent. It really was. One of the best nights I had there was the day the Spurs game got called off ten mins before kick off, we had just parked up, back in the car drove back headed to sankeys that night, 
Redlight, Tribal Sessions, Golden and Bugged Out all excellent. Greg Vickers and Krysko as residents, cracking mix below from Sasha. 

https://www.mixriot.com/content/sasha-live-tribal-sessions-sankeys-soap-manchester-uk-08-05-20002-airdrawndagger-release-par

Morillo was one of the best to ever do it, as others as have said he’ll be remembered for Move It but his best track was Lil Mo Yin Yang - Reach. 
He continued to let hImself down throughout his career, he retired at one point because of his mental health  and then came back seemed to have sorted it but the demons came back and his recent allegations will always taint and overshadow the talent and good work he did, he had, it’s a sad ending for all involved, for him, for his alleged victim/s and for his friends and family. 

On 10/09/2020 at 20:04, Mr Grey said:

Top top fighter though Hagler, pure class and hard as fuck, one of the best, today's middleweight wouldn't lay a glove on him. 

Hagler was the best ever for me 

no dancing ,no hiding 

full on in your face, Minter was a decent level boxer, FFS he held all the belts

I was shocked what Hagler did that night 

23 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I bet your weren't shocked 10 years later to see what type of fighter he had become, think he had one loss on his record and that was dubious.

you can watch them all on youtube

Duran , Hearns , Robinson

never lost a fight to them in my opinion

after the judges ,officials , crowd have gone let them carry on

only ever 1 winner in my mind 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...