Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland Boxing Day

MickyD

8 minutes ago, Andy Gee said:

I'll be there tomorrow, unless I drink to much today.

I remember us playing Sunderland before on Boxing day in the mid nineties. We drew 1 all, think Mixu scored with a cross but might be remembering wrongly.

We played them Boxing Day a couple of seasons on the run. 

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Andy Gee said:

I'll be there tomorrow, unless I drink to much today.

I remember us playing Sunderland before on Boxing day in the mid nineties. We drew 1 all, think Mixu scored with a cross but might be remembering wrongly.

Aye, it was fucking cold. One of the last times we played at Roker park wasn't it?

Last time I went to Sunderland Daryl Murphy scored a very similar breakaway goal to the one he got last week, about 5 minutes from the end.  Diouff scored for us, lost 3-1.  That was also a Christmas (or New Year?). I remember feeling ill and only deciding about 11am to bother going, paid on day.  Took no more than 1,000 for a Prem game, we'll probably take more as a bottom of table DIv 1 team.

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I can only recall 2 league wins at Sunderland 

2-0 when they finished on 19 points & a 4-1 Thrashing 

Going for a Desmond (2-2)

We won up there in 77/78 in the league and then in 1980 in the FA Cup.The FA Cup tie sticks in the memory as Peter Reid's return match from his injury suffered against Everton

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

First casualty of the day already rang in! Amateurs

They'd still get charged for the journey for me. I know one or two lads who'd go to the trouble of organising transport, collecting names and then having 25% drop out on the day. In fact, I'm fairly sure he changed to cash up front. ColinH of Wogden Whites.

6 minutes ago, MickyD said:

They'd still get charged for the journey for me. I know one or two lads who'd go to the trouble of organising transport, collecting names and then having 25% drop out on the day. In fact, I'm fairly sure he changed to cash up front. ColinH of Wogden Whites.

Thankfully this isn't my first rodeo!

All paid up front weeks in advance 😉