Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrews at home 29 Dec

Burndens Bogs

• The topic was unpinned
  • Site Supporter

Been told this morning that lowe may have been exacting some revenge for something done to one of the younger players earlier, probably Darcy.

Whatever the case, he should know better.

As for verlinden, I thought yesterday was one of his better games, a good outlet and had some end product. Better when chicksen was behind him.

After the sending off, the situation became different, and one of the wider attackers needed to make way.

Unfortunately, Graham didn't make much of an impact.

8 hours ago, DazBob said:

Verlinden's certainly not without his faults, that's probably why he's with us.

Ani's right though, he's our best outlet and once he went off we didn't have one, meaning they could push forward without having any concerns of being countered.

Verlinden's worried every right back he's come up against and allows Chicksen to come forward and contribute to attacks because he's occupying defenders. End product may need work but he scored yesterday and put one on a plate for Murphy. Tracking back could be better but so could Dodoo's at times.

I like him, he provides excitement and if the alternative is a fit Will Buckley I'll stick with him thanks

7 minutes ago, ianofcleveleys said:

Verlinden's worried every right back he's come up against and allows Chicksen to come forward and contribute to attacks because he's occupying defenders. End product may need work but he scored yesterday and put one on a plate for Murphy. Tracking back could be better but so could Dodoo's at times.

I like him, he provides excitement and if the alternative is a fit Will Buckley I'll stick with him thanks

What was Buckleys injury does anyone know?

He's been out a long time.

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

What was Buckleys injury does anyone know?

He's been out a long time.

Hairline fracture of the kneecap, he's out of contract in January, hopefully, KH will fook him off!

Edited by Blondi

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Hairline fracture of the kneecap, he's out of contract in January, hopefully, KH will fook him off!

In fairness he was a different player under hill until he got injured.

Again, if we've got anyone else lined up more reliable then fine. If not, might as well keep him on the books.

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In fairness he was a different player under hill until he got injured.

Again, if we've got anyone else lined up more reliable then fine. If not, might as well keep him on the books.

I must admit, not a Buckley fan, but if KH can get the best out of Buckley, he can stay, see what happens.

• Moderators
On 29/12/2019 at 20:26, Tony said:

Re the incident in West Stand the chap shouting at Lowe did go over the top, but the 3 guys who were sitting next to me were unbelievably aggressive. I am surprised the stewards didn't come in earlier. At the end they were still threatening the guy at the back. They were a disgrace. 

Looked around on hearing the commotion, saw you and junior and thought neighborhood has gone right downhill