Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

N Y E

DazBob

I don't think I've ever been less excited about it. Probably working today and yesterday hasn't helped, but it just feels like a normal day, no plans to do anything at all tonight.

For me, Boxing Day is the only day I look forward to in terms of having a drink around this time of year.

Anyone/everyone else feel the same?

Bet it's a good 7-8 years since I even entertained the idea of going out on New Years Eve. Paying to get in to pubs that would normally drag you in off the street and then having the pleasure of standing 8 deep because of people who go out once a year and have no idea of bar etiquette.

I'm always driving at some point on Christmas Day and Boxing Day so Christmas Eve is my one day of supping at this time of year. Had one pint with my meal on Christmas Day and that's my boozing done until Shrewsbury away. Same length of time as a 'dry January', just starting earlier and finishing earlier.

Quiet night in for me and I’m not one for new year anyway. Just another night and tomorrow will be no different than the previous 365 days or the years before that. 

but 66 days off the booze and counting 

aiming for 4 months off it. Only had one or two days when really fancied a pint. Starting to become the norm now not to drink 

Edited by Escobarp

I’m in Spain as I have been last few years over new year, but we’re not going out tonight can’t be arsed,  played tennis all morning with the lad, then  went for some lunch at la Finca golf club, didn’t fancy anything strong so had couple of radlers, weather was splendid and felt a little bit tired so just had a cat nap, might have a little stroll and might stop for a little drink at one of the local bars, then back home for a few nibbles, bought quite a bit of sushi, chicken teriyaki for the evening and might just let the new year before I toddle off to bed. Have a good un folks. xxx

Edited by Mounts Kipper

We're over in Clifden Co. Galway for New Year. We've had a day walking over to Omey Island and pottering along the Sky Road around Connemara. Early meal booked for 6.30pm then off for some Irish hospitality in Lowry's bar for the rest of the evening... Sláinte. 

Wishing everyone a great evening and a fantastic 2020!

• Members
28 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

We're over in Clifden Co. Galway for New Year. We've had a day walking over to Omey Island and pottering along the Sky Road around Connemara. Early meal booked for 6.30pm then off for some Irish hospitality in Lowry's bar for the rest of the evening... Sláinte. 

Wishing everyone a great evening and a fantastic 2020!

Beautiful part of the world.

on your next visit, try Bray on the opposite coast