Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

N Y E

DazBob

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Going out on New years eve is shite. It was shite when you were a teenager when you actually consider it and its doubly shite now. 

Edinburgh Street party though is different gravy if you get the chance. 

It’s alright if you don’t live here. Too much of anything and all that

worth a visit though for sure as you say 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Got home this afternoon, and now sat here with a sore throat, and shaking, tingling legs. Log burner on to a high temperature.

Just despatched the rest of the family to my brother's for his NYE celebrations.

Thought I'd missed it this time, but I reckon Mon flu is closing its grip. Bastard.

Wife has been same since Boxing Day. She went to bed this afternoon and I've not seen her since other than to go in with a drink occasionally. She's already decided she isn't going to match tomorrow. 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Wife has been same since Boxing Day. She went to bed this afternoon and I've not seen her since other than to go in with a drink occasionally. She's already decided she isn't going to match tomorrow. 

I'll see how I feel in the morning. Good sleep and some hot lemon etc and who knows.

Kinell, how to celebrate eh?

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Traf said:

NYE is shite. Always has been.

Must admit, I've always found it a bit strange how we all seem to make a bit of a thing about it; shake hands, wish each other all the best and almost get a bit maudlin as if a meteor was about to wipe most of us out. 😀 

The next day is just another and we carry on as usual.

Well well well, I've had the best NYE in ages.

Got home from work about 6pm. Cooked some chilli to eat after tomorrow's match and then finally settled down with missus and the kids.

No arguing for the first time this year, a bit of wine and gin and it's been ace.

Merry New Year, mother fuckers.

PS - how the actual fuck did Craig David get such a gig??

• Site Supporter

Daughter out at party, son out at different party, wife in bed all night. I only lasted until about 11.00 then went to bed. No ale as I'll be ferrying daughter to work later this morning. Didn't even get up to watch the fireworks. Humbug!

Looking forwards to game, see you all in 5 or 6 hours.

Happy New Year to all.

15 hours ago, fatolive said:

I’m jealous, lovely part of the world.

not sure of your itinerary /time but if you get chance get the ferry cruise on Lough Corrib into Cong /Ashford Castle , where the quiet man was filmed, if you like that sort of stuff it’s great, but it’s a lovely cruise and little town even if you’ve never seen it and lunch in Ashford castle will get you loads of brownie points. 

Maybe just a little far , and loads around you but if you are looking for something to do I’d recommend that 

As you say probably a little far but having read up on it certainly one to pick up on another trip. It's Kylemore Abbey today and the Marconi loop walk tomorrow. In retrospect we should have flown to West Knock from Liverpool and hired a car as it's a 12 hour journey from doorstep to doorstep. For those thinking of travelling to this part of 🇮🇪 I'd highly recommend the Clifden Station Hotel, great food and accommodation.