Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Campo

L/H White

Great footballer & character  one of our better ones .Never understood why Hierro got idol worshipped so much despite the low no of games he played for us .I suppose it was the nifty chant 'He came from Real Madrid '....etc

Well Campo came from Real Madrid & didnt even cost a quid....

10 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

.Never understood why Hierro got idol worshipped so much despite the low no of games he played for us .

He was pretty average for us, the longer time goes on though, the more people will suggest he was better than he actually was whilst wearing a Bolton shirt (Bernard Mendy also falls into that bracket)    

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Sweep said:

He was pretty average for us, the longer time goes on though, the more people will suggest he was better than he actually was whilst wearing a Bolton shirt (Bernard Mendy also falls into that bracket)    

If he was average I'd hate to label any players from our recent past 😊

30 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I thought Mendy was superb in the second half of the season

Hierro as good as he was for Madrid only played 21 games for us (plus 14 sub apps from the bench) & only 15 of the 21 were in the Premier League .No doubt he provided some quality moments .

Ivan Campo played 166 times for us plus 28 sub apps .& also provided some quality moments( as well as a few scary ones ) Its just a question of added value & Campo for me  added more to our club than his former teammate.

1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Hierro as good as he was for Madrid only played 21 games for us (plus 14 sub apps from the bench) & only 15 of the 21 were in the Premier League .No doubt he provided some quality moments .

Ivan Campo played 166 times for us plus 28 sub apps .& also provided some quality moments( as well as a few scary ones ) Its just a question of added value & Campo for me  added more to our club than his former teammate.

By a country mile 👍

21 hours ago, Traf said:

Emmanuel is one of the most one-footed players I've ever seen

Wierd that I think he's OK with his left, often turns inside and clips a left footed ball to a forward player, or puts a cross in.  Not saying its top quality, but I've seen far more 1 footed players than him, eg Chicksen, Josh Earl, Wright.  If they have ever used their right foot I mustnt have been watching.

23 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Hierro was ace, as was the mere thought of him playing for us.

I'm with you on that.  Whether he played 100 games for us or 10, he was quality.  Never rushed, always found space, always passed intelligently and with pure quality.  As much as I love Campo he wasnt as good, quite clumsy at times and played into trouble or over hit "worldy" passes.