Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Warrington.

leigh white

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Are you not thinking of Oxford, not Orford.

No.

A friend at school (son of the publican at the Jolly Tanner) got a Maths first at Liverpool. followed by a PhD in statistics at Reading and a career in NHS Regional management. He also broke the school goals in a season record with 40. It didn't last long.

A lad 2 years below me won the school 100 yards and 220 yards when I won the 880 yards and mile. He studied Chemistry at Birmingham to PhD and then had a career on Teesside with ICI.

A friend who got a hatful of CSE grade 1s and transferred to the grammar school a year after I left. He studied economics at Trent Poly, Sheffield Uni and Birmingham, where he bcame a lecturer. After a secondment to the OECD he became V-C of Middlesex Uni. He 'retired' after 19 years and is now the V-C of a university in KL, Malaysia.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

No.

A friend at school (son of the publican at the Jolly Tanner) got a Maths first at Liverpool. followed by a PhD in statistics at Reading and a career in NHS Regional management. He also broke the school goals in a season record with 40. It didn't last long.

A lad 2 years below me won the school 100 yards and 220 yards when I won the 880 yards and mile. He studied Chemistry at Birmingham to PhD and then had a career on Teesside with ICI.

A friend who got a hatful of CSE grade 1s and transferred to the grammar school a year after I left. He studied economics at Trent Poly, Sheffield Uni and Birmingham, where he bcame a lecturer. After a secondment to the OECD he became V-C of Middlesex Uni. He 'retired' after 19 years and is now the V-C of a university in KL, Malaysia.

Then I apologise to residents of Oxford and Orford, and yourself Malcolm.