Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harry and megan

Underpants

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Net earners for the UK and long may they remain.

If you say it often enough, people start to believe it.

A quick google search and it's quite easy to see how much they cost.  It's a lot more vague about what they bring in.  Buckingham palace for example costs a lot to maintain but generates income from tourism.  Would having no royal family see a drop in tourism numbers? I'm not sure it would. Not significantly anyway.

30 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

A quick google search and it's quite easy to see how much they cost.  It's a lot more vague about what they bring in.  Buckingham palace for example costs a lot to maintain but generates income from tourism.  Would having no royal family see a drop in tourism numbers? I'm not sure it would. Not significantly anyway.

Of course it would. Don't you know Versailles is completely devoid of tourists.

In fact no fucker visits Paris at all.

11 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

That's a claim I've heard too but usually it's from claiming money generated from tourism. As if there were no royal family folk would just stop coming to the UK. 

Aye. I honestly think we’d lose a lot in tourism if they went but difficult to prove as we will never know. The yanks and many others are mad for the royal family.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

To be fair, the whole Royal Family product is a massive tourism boost. I doubt it's quantifiable because folk who are currently standing outside Buck House would doubtless be off doing something else. But if there's a trip out in either a Rolls Royce or horse drawn carriage, the crowd will be there in their many thousands.

Asking if the royals make any difference is akin to asking if St Pauls Cathederal being there or not would make a difference. I don't think a single tourist draw anywhere in London can be isolated as the sole reason for a tourist to turn up.

To be honest I'm amazed this is as a bigger deal as andrew being a peado, the rest of em are a waste of time, it's a load of outdated bollocks, doffing your cap and trying to validate their existence, this desperate need to make a personality for the queen as this benevolent old lady who looks out for us all. It's like some weird religion. The only thing I can say in their favour is fuck knows what this country would elect in their place.. we'd have someone off TOWIE greeting foreign dignitaries 

3 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Of course it would. Don't you know Versailles is completely devoid of tourists.

In fact no fucker visits Paris at all.

I think the argument goes more would visit if they did have royalty. But we'll never know. The only way to measure this tedious debate is if we got rid of our royals. But that isn't going to happen any time soon. So all you republicans can just moan and windge as much as you like, just like a Brexit remainer. And that didn't end well.

21 minutes ago, Underpants said:

I think the argument goes more would visit if they did have royalty. But we'll never know. The only way to measure this tedious debate is if we got rid of our royals. But that isn't going to happen any time soon. So all you republicans can just moan and windge as much as you like, just like a Brexit remainer. And that didn't end well.

They're here to stay - I ain't moaning.

Equally, if they all fucked off tomorrow I'd shed no tears.

By the way, keep tugging the forelock. They love that.😀

Edited by mickbrown

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

They're here to stay - I ain't moaning.

Equally, if they all fucked off tomorrow I'd shed no tears.

By the way, keep tugging the forelock. They love that.😀

I wasn't particularly having a go at you, MB. It's just this whole debate about, what if...?

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

much like the queen's wealth in that I reckon it's impossible to really nail down.

I do think once Liz pops it there will be a lot more none royalist voices out there

Because the world loves Her Majestey rather than the others? Maybe folk haven't actually forgiven Charles for getting rid of the beautiful, delightful Diana in favour of that fucking bag, the horce faced Camilla.

Me? I'm not arsed. :angry:

Just now, MickyD said:

Because the world loves Her Majestey rather than the others? Maybe folk haven't actually forgiven Charles for getting rid of the beautiful, delightful Diana in favour of that fucking bag, the horce faced Camilla.

Me? I'm not arsed. :angry:

Pretty much.

Liz I held in such high regard the world over and is THE Queen to everyone.

Charles is a bit of a dick and nowhere near as liked as is mam.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Pretty much.

Liz I held in such high regard the world over and is THE Queen to everyone.

We're not ants ffs. The vast majority of the human race don't give a fuck about her.

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

We're not ants ffs. The vast majority of the human race don't give a fuck about her.

No you plant pot.

Not she is everyone's queen that she is called The Queen by most of the world not the queen of England or Britain but just THE Queen.

Not necessarily her position is held in regard but her as a person.