Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harry and megan

Underpants

51 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It actually points out where a post is missing and states, "xxxxx has responded to this post but is currently ignored. Who'd you like to see the post"

Plus, when someone quotes you get to see the quoted post. 

So Micky, who've you got on "Ignore"?! 😃

• Members
2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Now, now if you don’t have anything nice to say.

Just because you’ve been a little bit shown up, no need to get all sweary Skippy. 

🤣'Shown up". "Skippy" Nurse, sutures please.

FFS, both completely wrong and unoriginal all in one post. Quelle surprise.

• Members
53 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It actually points out where a post is missing and states, "xxxxx has responded to this post but is currently ignored. Who'd you like to see the post"

Plus, when someone quotes you get to see the quoted post. 

FFS Micky, don't help him.

7 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1216758351687753732/photo/1

When you look at this and how the press have reported things - it really is shocking. If its not racially motivated - what is the difference in the reporting between Meghan and Kate? Because its a smear campaign of propaganda by the gutter press. 

I still can't bring myself to believe it's because she's black. I always thought it was because Megan is a septic tank and Kate is a delightful English rose. 

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

I still can't bring myself to believe it's because she's black. I always thought it was because Megan is a septic tank and Kate is a delightful English rose. 

I think we need to wise up to the fact that not all racism is overt "don't like her cos of her skin colour". Lots is about equality of treatment and nationality. And the media have to try and be subtle about it. I think it is a mix of things not just her ethnicity - I suspect most of the hatred is because she seemingly represents (or so they think) everything they hate. But its hard to look at the timeline of stories and not see at least some level of "white English = good" "Black non English = bad" about it. 

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I'm not so sure there's much of an agenda other than sheer laziness. If a "journalist" has the choice between the hard slog of a genuine scoop, putting themselves in danger here or abroad investigating crime/gangs/terrorism etc etc OR simply sitting back in the office and writing any old shite before heading off for a liquid lunch  - they'll do the latter. Only not on William as they know what side their bread is buttered upon...

• Members
14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Definitely not because she is mixed race. Anyone levels that one at me and the lurkers can get the popcorn out.

My love of Afro American music (and Jamaican for that matter) is well known on here as is my general like of many things American (NFL, Packers, ve-hickles etc.). I was very happy to have a mixed race American lass joining the Royal family and see the hoped for (but ultimately denied) modernisation that might bring right up to the point when the hectoring and hypocrisy started. That was the turning point. She's spoiled what was a humorous and irreverent 'man of the people' Royal in Harry and that is a real shame.

Kate is a delightful English rose (or at least carries herself that way when in the public eye and long may that continue). Might be an absolute bitch in private as many of them are but she toes the company line and presents the required level of decorum to the job for which the British taxpayer pays to keep her living the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed. That's all we monarchists ask.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Unlike some on here who say they are not interested but continue to comment, it really doesn’t bother me other than to say it’s MEGHAN!

Trust the Yanks to insert a letter when all of the rest of the time they are dropping one! :roll:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I think we need to wise up to the fact that not all racism is overt "don't like her cos of her skin colour". Lots is about equality of treatment and nationality. And the media have to try and be subtle about it. I think it is a mix of things not just her ethnicity - I suspect most of the hatred is because she seemingly represents (or so they think) everything they hate. But its hard to look at the timeline of stories and not see at least some level of "white English = good" "Black non English = bad" about it. 

aye, and this is definitely not aimed at anyone here, but these headlines as subtle or obvious as they are, are designed to create that divide to mail readers of a weaker mind

ignore the trad brit group twitter one, they are some far right site with just 7k twitter followers, though they don't hold back

DPtOLQoXcAEaC9B.jpg

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jeep said:

So Micky, who've you got on "Ignore"?! 😃

Custard, Sluffy and someone called Gloria's tits or similar. Sluffy and Custard was a result of them bombarding all who would listen with tales of how knowledgeable they were about everything to do with MY football club. I'm not sure but I didn't see either of them as BWFC fans.

gloria's tits I'm really not sure why.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Correct. Unsurprisingly they can change with the passing of time but please don't waste your time trying to convince some of these recalcitrants. Beyond their scope.

To be honest, the change of tone of your posts was the clearest indicator.

Sticking to one line or other may be more akin to following a paper's agenda, but even then not necessarily.

As for the lady herself, you may be right and she may turn out to be a bunny boiler. For me I just think she's struggled with life.

That is also true for Harry, and if a compromise can be reached such that 2 people that feel so strongly for each other can both be happy, then that is great.

Time will tell, but in the meantime, there are far more pressing things to worry about.

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

She's spoiled what was a humorous and irreverent 'man of the people' Royal in Harry and that is a real shame.

And this is what folk are saying, but I've clearly missed it. I don't pay a lot of attention to the Royal family, and what they say or do, but I can't say as I've noticed that she;s done anything to be labelled some of the names that are flying around (witch, bitch etc). I'm also not aware of what she has said or done that's hypocritical, as that's another word that's thrown in her direction.

They want to go into a private life, we should just let them, how this is still news after nearly a week is incredible

• Site Supporter

Whether it's because I didn't take any notice when she first appeared, or I was looking at the wrong woman, but I didn't realise until it was pointed out that she was black. Honest.

Either I'm even more open minded than I thought, or our telly wants a wipe.

Edited by FrancisFogarty

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Whether it's because I didn't take any notice when she first appeared, or I was looking at the wrong woman, but I didn't realise until it was pointed out that she was black. Honest.

Yep.

• Moderators
On 13/01/2020 at 09:57, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not proven that though is it?

not yet, but at this stage, from what I've seen/read/heard - including his own account of what happened - I'm more than comfortable to come to the conclusion:

a) he knew what Epstein and Maxwell were up to

b) he indulged to an illegal degree

as for not proven, neither were OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson or Jimmy Saville, but, well, you know

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Because she is mixed race maybe, her dad is white?

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

not yet, but at this stage, from what I've seen/read/heard - including his own account of what happened - I'm more than comfortable to come to the conclusion:

a) he knew what Epstein and Maxwell were up to

b) he indulged to an illegal degree

as for not proven, neither were OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson or Jimmy Saville, but, well, you know

Two of them were never tried. Evidence after death.

As for Andrew, you may well be right, wouldn't overly surprise me, however it's all very easy to go public with a story, and end up with trial by media.

Not the way to go about things.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Two of them were never tried. Evidence after death.

As for Andrew, you may well be right, wouldn't overly surprise me, however it's all very easy to go public with a story, and end up with trial by media.

Not the way to go about things.

first bit - only one wasn't tried, OJ and Jackson were and both found not guilty (with OJ being found guilty in a civil court), but would you honestly say "that was never proven" about any of them or "innocent til proven guilty" about Saville?

as for Andrew - I don't think it's that easy to go public like that, but in any case, he did a terrible, awful, job of protesting his innocence via the manner of his excuses and answers he gave to these public allegations

also not the way to go about things, if you're inncoent

Edited by ZicoKelly