Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harry and megan

Underpants

• Site Supporter

Wasn't aware jacko faced trial to be honest. Being able to afford top lawyers etc can have a beneficial outcome, we all know that. A flaw in the system perhaps. Innocent until proven guilty has to be the start point, otherwise we have no civilised society.

However, the law is just that, not perfect, but respected nonetheless.

Trial by media is distasteful and wrong. Makes cases more difficult to prosecute should they come to trial.

As for Andrew, his interview makes my point, damned if he says nothing, damned for a bad performance. Almost impossible to 'win' as everyone will still have their two penneth worth, and make judgements.

He should have issued a brief statement at the most and left it, but chose not to.

As it is, as is shown here, we have folk readily making serious accusations against a public figure, which doesn't sit well with me at all.

Get it through the properly judicial process in the first place.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wasn't aware jacko faced trial to be honest. Being able to afford top lawyers etc can have a beneficial outcome, we all know that. A flaw in the system perhaps. Innocent until proven guilty has to be the start point, otherwise we have no civilised society.

However, the law is just that, not perfect, but respected nonetheless.

Trial by media is distasteful and wrong. Makes cases more difficult to prosecute should they come to trial.

As for Andrew, his interview makes my point, damned if he says nothing, damned for a bad performance. Almost impossible to 'win' as everyone will still have their two penneth worth, and make judgements.

He should have issued a brief statement at the most and left it, but chose not to.

As it is, as is shown here, we have folk readily making serious accusations against a public figure, which doesn't sit well with me at all.

Get it through the properly judicial process in the first place.

see, if I was accused of that and was innocent, my statement would be along the lines "go on then, get a lawyer, put your case together and I'll see you in court yer twat"

if he'd done that I would be as skeptical as you are about what went on

and I'm all for innocent until proven guilty - but as you say, top lawyers will always help sway things in the wrong direction - and as much as you can respect an outcome, it doesn't mean you have to accept it, based on what you see presented as evidence

even some of OJs defence team were uncomfortable with how far Jonnie Cochrane went with the race card, and I think I read something like they've pretty much all since admitted they knew he was guilty

Saville will never go to trial, serious accusations have been made, he can't defend himself - that's technically even more "unfair" or discomforting than the Prince Andrew situation as it stands

but I don't for one second feel uncomfortable in believing he did it, mostly because he just looks like a nonce and was very fucking weird

• Members

Prince Andrew could have come out with a statement and refused an interview, and stayed quiet and it would have been yesterday’s chippy paper. 
Instead the idiot tried to be smart and got tied in knots and guilty or not he fuckin looks it. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Prince Andrew could have come out with a statement and refused an interview, and stayed quiet and it would have been yesterday’s chippy paper. 
Instead the idiot tried to be smart and got tied in knots and guilty or not he fuckin looks it. 

I sort of get the feeling that he knows he did what he's been accused of, but still probably thinks he did nothing wrong/illegal - he wouldn't even condemn Epstein, and just said he thought he'd acted in a "manner unbecoming"

• Members
48 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I sort of get the feeling that he knows he did what he's been accused of, but still probably thinks he did nothing wrong/illegal - he wouldn't even condemn Epstein, and just said he thought he'd acted in a "manner unbecoming"

Tough one for him to condemn Epstein, before or after he went to prison, that would mean he knew he was a nonce but still met up with him, and could implicate himself. 
Been a bad 12 months for the royals. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Tough one for him to condemn Epstein, before or after he went to prison, that would mean he knew he was a nonce but still met up with him, and could implicate himself. 
Been a bad 12 months for the royals. 

He went to Epstein's gaff, after the fella's conviction iirc, which he admitted was a stupid thing to do.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He went to Epstein's gaff, after the fella's conviction iirc, which he admitted was a stupid thing to do.

You would have thought going to a convicted nonces house would be a bad idea and don’t bother going and keep your distance. Not saying it after the fact. 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yeah, but he only went there to tell him he couldn't see him any more. He only stayed there for 3 days because it was a convenient place to stay. And the girls filmed entering and leaving the property during his stay spent their time in another room, honestly your honour.

• Members

Might be opening a can of worms here but I don’t think mixed raced is universally used. I’m from mixed parents but growing up half caste was used which I wasn’t keen on so I just referred to myself as black. In America it’s White Black Asian or Hispanic so with her being a yank it might be just fitting to refer to her as black.

15 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Impressed I could get you to go to so much work! I'll have to start on that fucking birds nest you carry around on the top of your head. Good chance you'll have a military haircut by the summer.

Yes, I was supportive - liked the concept of a mixed race looker joining our Royals. Hope he ditches the witch and marries a Jamaican ska artiste.

Since she married into it however, the hypocrisy started and steadily grew hence the change in my opinion (it is allowed tha knows). HM looks like she has sorted it - let them go, the sooner the better. No British taxpayers money for anything though and no hanging on to the royal titles as a potential money spinner. Complete break - make your living from Disney voice overs and glitzy US melodrama's and hang around with the Clooneys. Good riddance.

interesting to see the usual suspects lining up behind you. Pretty much my "ignore" list.  Like I give a fuck for their opinions. You may become number 10  :spiteful:

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Might be opening a can of worms here but I don’t think mixed raced is universally used. I’m from mixed parents but growing up half caste was used which I wasn’t keen on so I just referred to myself as black. In America it’s White Black Asian or Hispanic so with her being a yank it might be just fitting to refer to her as black.

I was always told that if one of your parents is black then you are black regardless of how dark your skin tone.

I had a close friend at uni who was very white passing and unless she dressed and styled her self more 'black' you would think she was as much a honkey as me.

You don't need to be as dark as Abdoulaye Faye to be black.

• Members
8 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

I was always told that if one of your parents is black then you are black regardless of how dark your skin tone.

I had a close friend at uni who was very white passing and unless she dressed and styled her self more 'black' you would think she was as much a honkey as me.

You don't need to be as dark as Abdoulaye Faye to be black.

I think it’s a heritage thing. 

• Site Supporter

Amazes me that a lot of people still automatically think of the literal colour of someones skin when they're identified as "black". If that was the intended context, "white" people would be referred to as "pinkish" or whatever. Maybe "orange" in some cases..

Edited by Cheese

35 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I remember growing up, you would hear the term "half caste" quite often, I'm not sure anybody would use that term now, as its clearly offensive. I don't recall when it became an unacceptable phrase though (unless it was always offensive). I'm sure someone will be along shortly to say its "PC gone mad" soon enough 🙂