Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harry and megan

Underpants

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Which makes you question their motives.  If they need money surely they would want paying, if they want to stay out of the public eye then surely they wouldn’t do it? 

Mentalists don’t need a motive.

23 minutes ago, Zico said:

not arsed about the royal family either way - I'm happy enough to have them as they've always been there, history and all that

but wouldn't bat an eyelid if they announced that it was being dismantled and there'd be no more kings or queens

I'll watch tonight, to see how they pitch their depature - saw a headline on the BBC where Harry was quoted as saying they "literally cut me off financially" which is why he has to do these deals and interviews to get by

will be interesting to see the context and if that is a sore point, but yes, you quit your day job, that's how it works

If he's no longer an acting Royal, then it's right he should be cut off. I think he got around £10M inheritance from his mother didn't he, so I'm not sure he's down the foodbank yet

Just now, Sweep said:

If he's no longer an acting Royal, then it's right he should be cut off. I think he got around £10M inheritance from his mother didn't he, so I'm not sure he's down the foodbank yet

10 million in the bank, he’s a trained pilot, she’s an actress,  like you say it’s hardly food bank tackle.

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

still, a good opporuntity to plug there spotify ($54M) and netflix deals ($100M+)

that's 100% what it was for, no doubt about that - prime time viewing in the US, it'll not have done them any harm at all

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Is the consensus on here that the US is inherently more racist than the Uk? I certainly believed it was from my vie looking from the outside. although im sure Tricia will have an issue with me commenting. 

It seems one of the driving reasons behind leaving the UK from Harry’s perspective was to escape from racism. Strange place to move to potentially that being the case? 

A few years back I used to go over to our head office in Atlanta. That part of the US, IMO, is certainly more racist than over here.

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

A few years back I used to go over to our head office in Atlanta. That part of the US, IMO, is certainly more racist than over here.

Dont get me wrong here if he has had racist comments made to him by anybody it’s unacceptable and I’m not questioning if this has happened or not. 

it just seems an odd thing to cite as a reason for leaving and then move to the US. 

like going from working for jim Davidson and then moving to Bernard manning for want of a better analogy. 

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm wondering if he's married his mother.

Diane was a full shilling compared to this one.

Bunny boiler.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Dont get me wrong here if he has had racist comments made to him by anybody it’s unacceptable and I’m not questioning if this has happened or not. 

it just seems an odd thing to cite as a reason for leaving and then move to the US. 

like going from working for jim Davidson and then moving to Bernard manning for want of a better analogy. 

Or could be that in this country, they have to engage with the people who did/didn't make the racist comments on a regular basis

Go off to America, cut themselves off from the said racists and mix with people they are comfortable with 

Doesn't matter if America is more racist or not if they mix with people they know aren't 

Just now, DirtySanchez said:

Or could be that in this country, they have to engage with the people who did/didn't make the racist comments on a regular basis

Go off to America, cut themselves off from the said racists and mix with people they are comfortable with 

Doesn't matter if America is more racist or not if they mix with people they know aren't 

Valid point and I’ve always been an advocate of moving yourself out of a situation you don’t like or aren’t comfortable with. 

I just picked up on his comment that the uK was racist and a driving force behind the move. So I found it odd to move to somewhere arguably worse. 

and then to sign a mega money deal to go right into the public eye in that country. 

Just seems a bit odd. 

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Valid point and I’ve always been an advocate of moving yourself out of a situation you don’t like or aren’t comfortable with. 

I just picked up on his comment that the uK was racist and a driving force behind the move. So I found it odd to move to somewhere arguably worse. 

and then to sign a mega money deal to go right into the public eye in that country. 

Just seems a bit odd. 

I haven't heard the full transcripts, but from the snippets I've seen there seems to be the suggestion that they see the racism as not coming from the royal family themselves but the advisors etc behind the scenes. 

So could be, naively, that's how they see life in the UK because that's what they've experienced, and know that they can go to America, mix with Hollywood elite of their choosing safe in the knowledge they won't encounter racism, rather than being about the population of the UK v America  

Just now, DirtySanchez said:

I haven't heard the full transcripts, but from the snippets I've seen there seems to be the suggestion that they see the racism as not coming from the royal family themselves but the advisors etc behind the scenes. 

So could be, naively, that's how they see life in the UK because that's what they've experienced, and know that they can go to America, mix with Hollywood elite of their choosing safe in the knowledge they won't encounter racism, rather than being about the population of the UK v America  

I just saw it on bbc news that’s the extent of my “research” I just read the article. 

I like the lad from what I’ve ever seen of him and don’t have a view on her either really as haven’t see enough of her to form one. I hope he finds peace now and they live a happy life together and the uk media leave them alone  

he clearly thinks staying in the uk wasn’t tenable and wanted to distance himself from the royals so fair play as he’s had the bollocks to do so.

a lot of people could learn a lot from that. 

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Spotify? What are they planning to do re-release ebony and ivory?

podcasts

the Meghan and Harry show

probably a morning zoo format

apparently Elton John and Deepak Chopra were on the first episode

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I just saw it on bbc news that’s the extent of my “research” I just read the article. 

I like the lad from what I’ve ever seen of him and don’t have a view on her either really as haven’t see enough of her to form one. I hope he finds peace now and they live a happy life together and the uk media leave them alone  

he clearly thinks staying in the uk wasn’t tenable and wanted to distance himself from the royals so fair play as he’s had the bollocks to do so.

a lot of people could learn a lot from that. 

Between him and William I know who I'd rather go for a pint with, plus I reckon he'd have some good stories.

Its clearly evident he has hated the British media for a long time now, though I bet the usual suspects will ratchet it up after this

Plus he probably thinks fuck it, I ain't going to be king anyway and with Charles not being his dad really, he may not see a link to the royal family anymore

Fair play to the lad

• Site Supporter

Who's going to do all the jobs he would have done now anyway?

It's not like they can just advertise the role.

Or, can they?

"Leading British Tourist Attraction urgently seeks Promotions Manager"

Candidate must have experience of:

* Shaking hands and smiling

* Asking people what they do for a living

* Pretending some of your colleagues aren't massive, drooling perverts

* Ginger hair

Full training will be provided.

Reporting to a dysfunctional family surrounded by highly paid hand-wringers and cap-doffers, your day to day duties will include meeting normal people and pretending you give the slightest fuck about them, whilst clearly displaying a thinly-veiled haughty distaste for them and their horrid, pointless lives. 

As a full time role, your "spare" time will be spent in deeply suspicious social circles. You will occasionally be taken to country estates and encouraged to shoot peasants and stags.

10 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Between him and William I know who I'd rather go for a pint with, plus I reckon he'd have some good stories.

Its clearly evident he has hated the British media for a long time now, though I bet the usual suspects will ratchet it up after this

Plus he probably thinks fuck it, I ain't going to be king anyway and with Charles not being his dad really, he may not see a link to the royal family anymore

Fair play to the lad

Yep I suspect he’s a decent enough lad. 

I have nothing against William either tbh. I’ve always thought he spoke well. 

The inevitable cross referencing of their lives and media interactions will now commence from one side.