Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Vardy

deane koontz

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

With Kane's injury do we think Southgate will be having a cap in hand moment in the run up to this summer?

Vardy has mostly played second fiddle at international level, I reckon that's partly why he sacked it off.

Can't see him changing his mind, unless he was sure he'd get a good run. Don't see Southgate giving him that assurance.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Members
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

He's a top striker no doubt but he fucked international football off so we should go with Abraham and Rashford

Abraham is very capable. Rashford is a wide man for me. 
If Ings keeps putting them away he would be a good option off the bench

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
1 hour ago, Traf said:

Vardy won't play, Ings isn't good enough. England need to plan properly for playing without Kane. If he makes it, it'll be like the time we waited for Rooney to get fit and then flopped.

He’s back stretching. 3 more weeks  until light training I’m told

Edited by Rudy’s Message

• Site Supporter
On 02/02/2020 at 12:41, Rudy’s Message said:

He’s back stretching. 3 more weeks  until light training I’m told

What does surgery on a hamstring involve exactly?

Players always seem to hold the back of their thigh, so I assume that's where the surgeon has to go in- to a layman, that seems problematic.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What does surgery on a hamstring involve exactly?

Players always seem to hold the back of their thigh, so I assume that's where the surgeon has to go in- to a layman, that seems problematic.

Cut away the scar tissue from the hamstring tendon, tendon is then reattached to the bone with stitches and staples. 
It’s not an easy procedure. 
I don’t do surgery rehab but anyone who does hates doing hamstring rehab because it’s a very slow process because if it’s rushed it can very easily rip. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Cut away the scar tissue from the hamstring tendon, tendon is then reattached to the bone with stitches and staples. 
It’s not an easy procedure. 
I don’t do surgery rehab but anyone who does hates doing hamstring rehab because it’s a very slow process because if it’s rushed it can very easily rip. 

Is that not quite invasive, having to go through a big muscle, or is it a key hole type op?

Certainly sounds difficult, and more serious than its it's made out on footy shows.

• Members
21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is that not quite invasive, having to go through a big muscle, or is it a key hole type op?

Certainly sounds difficult, and more serious than its it's made out on footy shows.

I think it depends on the severity of the tear, a full tear would be a full op but keyhole can be done.

A lot of the times they’re bad strains, and can actually be worse in the long run. Hamstring surgery is pretty good at preventing further tears.