Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It's  genuinely shocking if that wage offer is true, there will be hundreds  of   season ticket holders on a bigger wage than the players.When Tranmere were relegated to Conference surely they'd be paying their strikers 31k a year

dunno the name of that fat fcuk who playeed cb for tranmere in the conference was

but chorley enquired

york blew them out of the water offering 1k a week

1 hour ago, Okocha10 said:

Can we all bring onions to the Portsmouth game on Saturday & pelt him with them, like Steve Bruce with the cabbage 

Club just announced they are keen to "get on the same page as supporters " and in advance of saturday's game are selling a range of appropriate fan apparel ... 

B1qmQK-r4OS._AC_CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C71OWu2OX4YL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0._SX679._SX._UX._SY._UY_.png

• Site Supporter

Bit of an over reaction for me over Hill. He had to throw a team together in 1 day when he came in. He now has time to adjust it over this window with still a couple of weeks left.

I would like to see some sort of improvement from an organisation point of view etc from Feb onwards. Give us something to hang our hat on.

FWIW, I thought he was right getting rid of Chicksen too. He’s not bad going forward but a bloody awful defender. 

• Site Supporter

But if the left back we had was continually galavanting up the wing without much in the way of defending then he's more a left winger or, in old money, an outside left. That's great if the rest of the team is strong enough that you can do that but ours currently aren't close.

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Bit of an over reaction for me over Hill. He had to throw a team together in 1 day when he came in. He now has time to adjust it over this window with still a couple of weeks left.

I would like to see some sort of improvement from an organisation point of view etc from Feb onwards. Give us something to hang our hat on.

FWIW, I thought he was right getting rid of Chicksen too. He’s not bad going forward but a bloody awful defender. 

The problem I have is - Chicksen is good enough to play in league 2 and be part of a side aiming to be promoted. He probably isn't really a top half of league one player but would do a good job next season. We now patently do not have a LB good enough even for league 2. 

The youngsters are sadly in the main not going to cut it next season. So releasing a player like Chicksen is odd. He may end up getting better or it may be cost reduction. But it is going to create concerns if we get battered most weeks going into next season. Hill hasn't done anything to convince me he can build and organise a side to take us up next season. Its fine to focus on a long term but you have to look at the short term as well. Financially its a disaster if we don't go up next season. 

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not just chicksen though. We've lost almost an entire back line.

Predominantly first choice players, and not replaced them.

Can anyone really see us getting anyone better in?

Getting worse, and no real sign of building for next season.

I agree but we don't know whether Wright and Earl were realistic options to renew their loans. 

And likely that keeping either of them next season would be another stretch. I expected Chicksen to be the one to get a deal till end of next season to start that building process and add some stability. Keith thinks we can get better but doesn't seem to think we'll do so by Saturday. A week after the decision on AC. Weird. 

Footballers contract expires. club doesn’t want to renew. player also doesn’t want to tie themselves into a short week by week deal to suit the club and act as cover as he has bills to pay so needs longer term stability for his family

shocker

why is that weird