Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

KH comes across as one of those pricks who thinks they are a bit cleverer than the rest of us. Therefore they try and come out lots of clever little lines. Sadly they just show they are thick as pig shot. 

The only good line is a cheeky little one. 

6 minutes ago, Ani said:

KH comes across as one of those pricks who thinks they are a bit cleverer than the rest of us. Therefore they try and come out lots of clever little lines. Sadly they just show they are thick as pig shot. 

The only good line is a cheeky little one. 

You’ve just described not in crawley. Not the same person surely??

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I've had a dig on here, but still want him to be the man turn it around on the pitch.

Today might be a start. Again.

Me too

Only fair he takes some credit when he’s addressed some of things he’s been criticised for. Last 3/4 interviews have been accurate, positive, realistic. He’s changed personnel around to achieve a result. And maybe he’s starting to build a team with a blend of youthfulness, experience and quality needed at this level. Probably too soon to call the last point, (especially after 1 result against poor opposition) but no more so than writing him off for a testing period previously.

• Site Supporter
On 29/01/2020 at 10:21, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Eh?

Build a structure round Hill- like the one he's been moaning about?

Either back him on that front or take the concerns of others' onboard and flirt him.

As for another decent manager; you adopted the same approach last year. Clearly Pep won't be interested, but the concept that there's no one better out there is daft- we might as well all pack it in.

That's the job of FV etc to get the recruitment right. Plenty of examples of much smaller clubs managing perfectly well and building teams with a far better product on show.

I think Hill and Flitcroft are part of FVs ongoing plan inasmuch as this year was always going to be a write off.

Aunty Sharon and Peter Kenyon will already be on the case to replace both. Remember when Derby continued with 'Jimmy' Jewell even after their relegation was nailed on?

46 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I think Hill and Flitcroft are part of FVs ongoing plan inasmuch as this year was always going to be a write off.

Aunty Sharon and Peter Kenyon will already be on the case to replace both. Remember when Derby continued with 'Jimmy' Jewell even after their relegation was nailed on?

This is probably the plan with knobs on 

Why engage Kenyon other than to advise as to the suitability of Hill & Flitcroft & dependant on that  to recommend suitable replacements( or not).

2 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

This is probably the plan with knobs on 

Why engage Kenyon other than to advise as to the suitability of Hill & Flitcroft & dependant on that  to recommend suitable replacements( or not).

Don't disagree that could be the plan but where does that leave Michael James? By all accounts Hillcroft was his pick. 

3 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Don't disagree that could be the plan but where does that leave Michael James? By all accounts Hillcroft was his pick. 

Suppose it will come down to money, MJ is wealthy, but is he worth more than SB? My guess is that SB etc are the ones with the majority of the £££ and they will get their way if necessary.

8 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Suppose it will come down to money, MJ is wealthy, but is he worth more than SB? My guess is that SB etc are the ones with the majority of the £££ and they will get their way if necessary.

Agree with that. Where it leaves MJ will depend very much on his personality/ego. 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Agreed. But when Hillcroft came in they were the best of a shallow pool of managerial talent, and as much a punt for them as us. MJ must have realised that. His interest is with the club, not just Hillcroft.

With FVs continued work in the right direction and having us walk before we can even jog we will hopefully be able to attract more class (ie less dross) both on and off the field next time the managerial wheel has a spin.

12 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

The takeover was completed on a Wednesday evening and realistically we needed to appoint a manager before the end of that week. At that stage it was practically just the three of them, and two of the three had no experience of working in football whatsoever. Hill was probably the option who was most able to get going immediately and so was, at the time, an obvious and sensible choice.

I don't think there'a plan to remove him any time soon and I expect him to be in charge at the start of next season, but if they did decide to move him on I can't see why that would cause any kind of boardroom split. From memory, I think the plan has always been for Brittan to have the more involved role anyway. She's not chairman for nothing.

Every player that   Hillcroft have brought to the club so far has been better than previous. 

People who say they can’t organise the defence are talking through there arses, how do you ‘organise’ a defence, per se, 11 players play as team if they are good players they score more goals than their opponents and win

Hillcroft are vastly experienced football men who know the game inside out, are local and know what it means to us, they are giving everything to the cause, we need to back them and give them a chance

20 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Every player that   Hillcroft have brought to the club so far has been better than previous. 

People who say they can’t organise the defence are talking through there arses, how do you ‘organise’ a defence, per se, 11 players play as team if they are good players they score more goals than their opponents and win

Hillcroft are vastly experienced football men who know the game inside out, are local and know what it means to us, they are giving everything to the cause, we need to back them and give them a chance

Is that you Keith?

21 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

I’d suggest it’s you talking through your arse 

the basic rules of defending are non existent at times pure schoolboy errors which aren’t improving

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I’d suggest it’s you talking through your arse 

the basic rules of defending are non existent at times pure schoolboy errors which aren’t improving

Agreed. The first goal conceded yesterday was pretty much the same as the opener at Peterborough (a) Defenders can't afford to allow the opponents to leave the last man alone.

Other teams will scour videos of our games and realise all our defenders want to defend right in front of goal so if you put a player further out than the last defender he will receive the ball without impedence.

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Agreed. The first goal conceded yesterday was pretty much the same as the opener at Peterborough (a) Defenders can't afford to allow the opponents to leave the last man alone.

Other teams will scour videos of our games and realise all our defenders want to defend right in front of goal so if you put a player further out than the last defender he will receive the ball without impedence.

Yes and the goal at accy think it was their 2nd, far post again