Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

5 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

If you're doing well it makes sense - must be a massive ego boost. When you're struggling it must be an absolute cesspit.

In my opinion if you are playing well you don’t need the ego boost. 

Agree on playing shite.

I also appreciate the commercial factors for the biggest players but still I wouldn’t bother.

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

In my opinion if you are playing well you don’t need the ego boost. 

Agree on playing shite.

I also appreciate the commercial factors for the biggest players but still I wouldn’t bother.

Read summat the other day that Ronaldo earns more from Instagram than he does from football. Mind blowing.

Of all the problems we have at the moment, Remi Matthews isnt one of them.  It beggars belief to me that anyone can criticise him, that doesnt mean he never makes a mistake, but he doesnt make as many as De Gea or half the keepers I see on TV every week.  Be grateful we've got him, we used to have Howard for God's sake.  If you're talking about distribution or commanding the box, think back to Oldham away (defeat v 10 men), now that was a bad keeper.

Not sure what Traf saw at Birmingham but I haven't seen any of the online stuff stray from what appears to be reasonable criticism. Nobody is saying he should be perfect but their first goal at weekend seemed to see Matthews remain on his line hence being a bit slow to drop and try the save.

Mistakes are fair game to me, just as much as giving him plaudits when, like in the Southend game, he made several good saves to help us along the way.

14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Ytaf was stood almost amongst the dickheads who started the criticism. I was sitting about five rows further forward.

edit Ytaf is obviously Traf's Arabic name

we'd gone right up to the back, as that's where Junior & I alway prefer to be. The last lot to arrive in the stand had nowhere to sit, so all came up to the back and congregated on the stairs and it was this group who were the source of the negativity etc.

I got tired of hearing about how xyz was fucking shit, Daryl Murphy was a fat lazy cunt etc etc. 

3 minutes ago, Traf said:

we'd gone right up to the back, as that's where Junior & I alway prefer to be. The last lot to arrive in the stand had nowhere to sit, so all came up to the back and congregated on the stairs and it was this group who were the source of the negativity etc.

I got tired of hearing about how xyz was fucking shit, Daryl Murphy was a fat lazy cunt etc etc. 

Next to Thogdan? He was on the back row, at the top of the steps. 

1 hour ago, Kane57 said:

If you're doing well it makes sense - must be a massive ego boost. When you're struggling it must be an absolute cesspit.

You’re part of the cesspit you cock.

Posting pointless fucking articles having a go at our only senior goalkeeper (why he gives you the time of day is another matter) is to absolutely nobody’s benefit. You’re only in it to get a few likes off some 14 year olds but then give it the big one on here.

19 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Next to Thogdan? He was on the back row, at the top of the steps. 

I was there, before he arrived, but yes.

I've no issue with Theo or his dad Stephen to be honest, but I can't get over people who just film everything and Jesus Christ, young Theo doesn't half attract some retards.

The tide appears to be well and truly turning now. 

I get the thought process behind giving him time but he's showing nothing, no signs of progress or developing an ethos for the team. He's lost all that good will and his coaching, especially defensively, is clearly inept. 

Time to move on I think and give someone a chance who actually has a plan and footballing philosophy to build for next season.  

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's really said that?

Loon.

Asked if he was frustrated by the errors, Hill added: “You always are. But sometimes you have got to ignore them.

“You make mistakes at home – you keep being told you are making them it takes you into a different place, you’re contemplating ‘why bother?’ “If you keep reminding players all the time about the mistakes they are making they are going to fear going out there. You want them to express themselves and make better decisions but if you keep on asking them it becomes false, it doesn’t encourage. You make them fear.

Worryingly yes he did.

Just now, DomRepWanderer said:

Asked if he was frustrated by the errors, Hill added: “You always are. But sometimes you have got to ignore them.

“You make mistakes at home – you keep being told you are making them it takes you into a different place, you’re contemplating ‘why bother?’ “If you keep reminding players all the time about the mistakes they are making they are going to fear going out there. You want them to express themselves and make better decisions but if you keep on asking them it becomes false, it doesn’t encourage. You make them fear.

Worryingly yes he did.

How the fuck has he used the scenario being at home making mistakes comparing it to being a footballer making mistakes 😂 No wonder we are not improving defensively if he's not willing to go through the mistakes they are making each match. 

3 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

How the fuck has he used the scenario being at home making mistakes comparing it to being a footballer making mistakes 😂 No wonder we are not improving defensively if he's not willing to go through the mistakes they are making each match. 

It was more about ignoring errors that struck me as being odd.

• Site Supporter

I can accept some of that, in that players are people and keep shoving negativity down their throats may be counterproductive.

However, it's his job to get them to stop making mistakes. Coaching and practice to build confidence.

We seem scared to play on the front foot and be positive, certainly until we go a goal down, so whatever the staff are trying isn't working.