Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m sure there were lots of things going on but he’s hardly a calm and rational thinker, Parkinson would have kept a calm head steered the team through it and kept us up. 

you seriously believe Parky would have kept us up in same circumstances Hill has faced? I dont think so in a million years. and i certainly wouldnt have been there to see it id had more than enough Parky ball 

56 minutes ago, snowball said:

you seriously believe Parky would have kept us up in same circumstances Hill has faced? I dont think so in a million years. and i certainly wouldnt have been there to see it id had more than enough Parky ball 

PP had given up a long time before this season. He had to go.

1 hour ago, snowball said:

It was time for him to go. However, had he been given the opportunity to bring in as many players as Hill did on deadline day, I’ve no doubt we’d have more points on the board.

13 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

Win percentages:

Big Sam 39.4%

Parky 36.77%

Chino: 38.3%

Those figures don’t point to him being a shit manager at the level he’s managed at - so why does he now seem a very shit manager?

I get that he’s had better players to work with, but these percentages would look completely different if you had Parkinson’s win percentage in league one vs. Hill’s. 

Just now, BWFC_LOVE said:

It was time for him to go. However, had he been given the opportunity to bring in as many players as Hill did on deadline day, I’ve no doubt we’d have more points on the board.

Tricky one to call. He looked completely done with us and He’d become part of the loser culture at BWFC. I’m not sure he’d of done much more than KH. I also think the players he signed would of been worse.

6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Tricky one to call. He looked completely done with us and He’d become part of the loser culture at BWFC. I’m not sure he’d of done much more than KH. I also think the players he signed would of been worse.

I think both parties would agree that his time was definitely done. I also don’t think he’d have managed to bring in as many players as Hill did, so it’s a moot point really.

Still reckon that he’s proven to grind out much better results at this level on the evidence I’ve seen though. 

I don't particularly want Hill in charge for next season, just don't have enough confidence that he's the right guy to take us forward, might be worth giving Nolan a go, bit of a gamble but I guess every managerial appointment has a risk to it.

On the strength of his work at Rochdale, I thought that Hill was a good choice, but in the position we were in, the first job of a competent manager would be to strengthen the defence & make us hard to beat.

In reality though,, under Hill the defence was a mess & got worse, & as a team we were always on the verge of collapse , while most of the time, you couldn't see what we were trying to do. A shambles.

Normally ,a lot of fans including me, would accept how difficult the job was & give him more time, but his idiotic ravings have pushed people over the edge. It's hard to see how anyone who talks such shite can be capable of turning the club around or motivating the players. They probably think he's a dick.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, bolton va va said:

On the strength of his work at Rochdale, I thought that Hill was a good choice, but in the position we were in, the first job of a competent manager would be to strengthen the defence & make us hard to beat.

In reality though,, under Hill the defence was a mess & got worse, & as a team we were always on the verge of collapse , while most of the time, you couldn't see what we were trying to do. A shambles.

Normally ,a lot of fans including me, would accept how difficult the job was & give him more time, but his idiotic ravings have pushed people over the edge. It's hard to see how anyone who talks such shite can be capable of turning the club around or motivating the players. They probably think he's a dick.

He does have more than a bit of David Brent about him. 

3 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He does have more than a bit of David Brent about him. 

😁

What does a squirrel do in the summer? It buries nuts. Why? Cos then in winter time he’s got something to eat and he won’t die. So, collecting nuts in the summer is worthwhile work. Every task you do at work think, would a squirrel do that? Think squirrels. Think nuts. ~David Brent AKA Keith Hill

Edited by Ros Coe

On 27/05/2020 at 12:20, BWFC_LOVE said:

If he repeated his run at the start of his 2nd season, near the bottom and no wins, his honeymoon period wouldnt last long.  I dont get where the evidence is to appoint an unproven manager against the many unemployed one's with a track record.  And if we're going for someone with links to the club/town, how is Nolan a better bet than Flitcroft?

I think hill thought this season would be a free hit and no questions 

hands tied to a degree but the way he conducts himself is cringeworthy (the dale fan who came on said his rants got too much for them blame man). Bizarre substitutions and playing positions along with no improvement in the defence department

Options maybe limited to chop him and if he stays there will be nowhere to hide if things start shit